Chapter 13

Ky's P.O.V.

It was about 3:30 when I got back home, which meant I had two hours to get everything ready before leaving to pick Lauren up. A thing popped in my mind and I texted Lauren.

"Oh, by the way, don't dress too formal. Bring some sneakers, I hope you're a steady walker ;)" I'm glad I remembered, I wouldn't want her to walk so much in heels or something.

"Okie dokie :)" She replied playfully, which made me smile.

I'd tell her how I feel, and though I thought she wouldn't feel the same, after all that has happened lately, I believed everything is possible. I got in the shower and then changed into some fresh clothes, nothing too classy.

I went down to the kitchen and started preparing a basket with some food to take with me. Once I was ready, I checked the time. 4;45. I had about 45 minutes before I had to leave, so I just went up to my room and played some relaxing tunes on my guitar for most of that time while Andy did his homework next to me. Our baby brother Justin slept peacefully in the same room as us. God, I loved these two.

At 5:30, I rushed down the stairs, told mom I was going out for a walk and that I wouldn't be here for dinner. We good-bye'd each other and I left.

I walked at a fast pace to her hotel following my phone's directions until I reached her door. 6pm. Punctually as ever, I saw her coming out of the elevator and through the big spinning door. She looked... wow.

She looked beautiful, as always, but especially now. She was wearing a white t-shirt and some jeans with sneakers, but that simplicity suited her perfectly. Her hair was wavy over her shoulders and her eyes looked especially good for some reason, those chocolate brown eyes staring deep into mine. I could melt with her look.

"Hey" She said shyly when she caught me staring and blushed.

"Hey" I said back, still unable to get my eyes away from her. "Wow." I added and she blushed again. "I mean... wow."

She smiled at me and broke the silence. "So, ready to go?" She asked. "Wait, where are we even going?" She added and giggled.

"Oh! Right..." I replied, forgetting about our date for a second. "I am taking you to Mount Eden." I announced. "360 degree views of the city and plenty of secluded grassy knolls for some quality one-on-one time." I added, imitating a tourism ad about it, which made her laugh.

"Haha, okay and how far is that?"

"Uh... well that's why I asked you to wear sneakers..." I scratched the back of my head. "It's not that far of a walk to get to the mountain, but it is quite a climb to get to the top." I added insecurely. Why am I making her walk so much just for a date?

"That's okay, I've been training and I'm a steady walker." She reassured me. "I'm sure it'll be perfect." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

As we walked, I looked at her over and over again, trying to find one single flaw, but I didn't find anything. She was just so beautiful, so perfect. I tried to move my stare from her but I couldn't. She caught me several times but didn't say anything, just laughed and kept talking. God, she was so mesmerizing. We talked about everything, so the long walk was worth it.

When we finally reached our long awaited destination, we both sighed in relief. That had been tiring.

"Ky, this is so beautiful." She exclaimed enjoying the gorgeous sight. She thought the view was pretty, but I thought she was prettier.