Chapter 3: Alex or Emma?

Chapter 3

*Jack's POV*

I was really shocked and a little hurt when Alex introduced us to Emma. We were best friends and had been since we were kids. I couldn't believe that he kept her a secret. I understood the reasoning behind it all, but still, it hurt. I could have helped find her. Seeing him cry over being reunited with his sister torn at my heart strings. He looked so young and vulnerable; it only made me love him more.

That's right. I, Jack Bassam Barakat, was in love with my best friend, Alexander William Gaskarth. I had been madly and stupidly in love with him for as long as I could remember, but the feeling was never returned. Alex was a womanizer. I tried to make it look like I was too, but there was no use. I would only ever have eyes for Alex.

But, as I looked at Emma and really studied her, I realized that she really was the female version of Alex. They looked the same, acted the same and almost everything about them mirrored each other. The only differences were that Emma's hair was more like mine than Alex's and, while Alex had chocolate brown eyes like me, she had piercing blue ones.

She must have caught me staring at her because she cocked her head and scrunched up her face. "Whatcha looking at Jack?" She teased.

I laughed. "You. It's insane how much you and Alex look alike."

She smiled and nodded. "When we were kids, I always kept my hair short and pretty much in the same style as Lex's to confuse people. The only way anyone could ever tell the difference was our eyes."

"I noticed. Your eyes are so blue," I said, standing right in front of her. She was a good 6 inches shorter, so she looked up at me. Her blue eyes just screamed innocence.

She blushed and looked away. "I got my dad's eyes. That's why my mom decided she didn't want me. I have my dad's eyes and since he is the devil, I am just the devil's spawn."

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight. She melted into me and for the first time, I could see myself being with someone other than Alex. I mean, if I couldn't date Alex, why couldn't I date the female version of him. I quickly realized that there was no way Alex would ever let me, or pretty much anyone, date his sister.

I could feel her pushing away, trying to escape my embrace, so I let her go. She smiled up at me. "Thanks Jack," she whispered.

"For what?" I asked, completely befuddled.

She laughed. "I don't know yet."

As she walked away, to the back of the bus where everyone was hanging out, I couldn't help but think about her. What effect was she going to have on this band? Did her sudden appearance mean something? Was I ever going to have a chance with her? Questions swirled through my head. New ones popping up as the seconds ticked by, but not one of them being answered in any way, shape or form.

**********************************

Hey guys!!!!

Hope you liked this chapter! I really hope that the switching between POVs doesn't get too confusing for you guys but yeah!

Let me know what you think! Should Jack go for Emma or just tell Alex how he feels? Your input could change the story lol

Next chapter is kind of long but it'll be up in a few!

Love you guys xoxo

Haley