Chapter 25: Pounding Hearts

Chapter 25

*Pete's POV*

Patrick was curled into a ball on the couch, in tears, when I walked onto the bus. Without hesitation, I ran over to him, sat on the couch beside him and pulled him towards me. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. He turned his head and began sobbing silently into my chest. I said nothing as I sat and held the man I loved close.

He pulled away slightly, looking up at me. I found myself getting lost in his mesmerizing eyes. They were a beautiful shade of blue with a yellow ring around his pupil making them seem green. He smiled through the tears up at me.

"Hey," I said, my voice barely a whisper.

"Hi," he said.

I loosened up hold on him, but he stayed close. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He sighed. "It's been kind of rough."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I'm here if you want to talk," I said.

He looked up at me, then layed his head on my chest. I felt my heart beat speed up as my emotions raged out of control. I hoped be couldn't hear the frantic beating of my heart.

"Emma's just been having a rough time and I'm upset that I couldn't help her and I kind of bitched out Zack and it just took a lot of of me," he said.

I rested my chin on the top of Patrick' head. "Is Emma okay?"

I felt him shrug. "I hope so. She's really upset and freaked out. She had given me her blade to hold on to so she could lose her dependence on it, but when I gave it back to her, she fell into a weird state and without realize it, she started cutting herself."

Patrick shuttered and I pulled him closer to me, holding him tighter.

"I couldn't snap her out of it and nothing was working. I did the only thing I could think of, which was to kiss her. I managed to get the knife away from her, but Zack saw us and he reacted without even thinking about it. He was going to break his promise to Emma and tell Alex her secret," he told me.

I gasped. I couldn't believe Zack would do something like that.

"Did she tell you her story?" Patrick asked, looking up at me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I told her mine too."

He nodded. "I'm surprised you told her."

I shrugged. "I trust her, not as much as I trust you, but I do trust her."

Patrick nodded before continuing. "Zack started running down the mountain and Emma chased him without her sweater. I ran after them. Emma managed to get to Alex first, but I felt so bad. She wasn't ready for him to find out and it pissed me off. I confronted Zack and cussed him out. I don't know whether he was more shocked by what I told him or the fact that I was swearing so much."

I chuckled. Patrick swearing had always made me laugh because it was just so cute. Hot, even.

He stayed quiet and curled up against me. My heart continued to pound.

Patrick chuckled. "Your heart's pounding pretty hard there Pete," he teased.

I blushed. "Yeah..."

He smirked and looked up at me. "Doing okay there?" He teased.

My face continued to flame. He giggled and grabbed my hand, holding over his heart. I felt the frantic beat of his heart. It was pounding just as hard as mine. He looked up at me and blushed.

It was right then and there that I made up my mind, once and for all. I was done with the lying and hiding my feelings. It was type for me to grow a pair and take action. I looked into Patrick's perfect eyes and smirked. I pulled him onto my lap. He blushed and looked away.

I layed my hand on Patrick's face and gently turned his face back towards me. Without taking another second to consider it, I pressed my lips softly to Patrick's. I expected and prepared for Patrick's shock and rejection, but instead, he accepted my kiss and even kissed me back. I smiled against his lips. He looped his arms around my neck and kissed me harder and more passionately.

My heart was beating out of control. I kissed Patrick with everything I had in me. I slid my arms around him waist and pulled him as close as I possibly could. There was no space left between us, just passion. I hadn't known what to expect, but I never could have anticipated anything like this.

Patrick pulled away first, smiling at me. "I waited so long for that."

I started at him in amazement. "Really?"

He blushed and nodded. "I have been in love with you for longer than I can even remember."

I was shocked. "But you're married!"

"Only because you are. I've always been to scare to tell you how I felt, so when you got married, my heart broke and I figured I might as well get married, because I would never get you," he said sadly.

I held him close. "I don't know what I was thinking. You are the only one I could ever be with."

He smiled and kissed me again. "I'm glad, but we absolutely cannot tell anyone!"

I paused. "What about Emma?" I asked softly.

"I was going to say no, but I think she deserves to know," he said.

I nodded. "She's kind of the reason for this."

He looked up at me, confused. "What do you mean?"

"She kind of made me tell her. Then she basically told me to grow a pair and tell you how I felt," I said.

"She told me pretty much the same thing," Patrick said, laughing.

I laughed. "So it's agreed? We'll tell Emma?"

He nodded. "Maybe it would make her a little happier in her current situation."

"I hope so. It makes me sad to see her hurting," I said.

"Me too. She's going to let me know when she's ready to talk," he said.

I nodded.

There was a short pause. Patrick looked up at me and smirk mischievously. He kissed me, starting soft and getting more and more intense. I returned every kiss he gave me.

"I don't think I've ever been happy," I moaned.

He giggled. "I know the feeling."

I would have sat there for hours upon hours with Patrick in my lap, kissing, but we were nervous that the rest of the band would walk in on us.

"I love you Pete," Patrick said, kissing me one more time.

I smiled. "I love you too my Pattycakes."

He giggled and shook his head at me. "I don't know how I feel about that pet name, Peteypie."

I groaned and shook my head. "This is going to be interesting."

**********************************

Hey guys!!!

So Peterick is finally a thing!!! Woohoo!!! I feel like Pete would be the more masculine one in that relationship, but that's just my opinion.

Anywho... hope you like the chapter! Imma try to post the next chapter tonight, but I'm not sure. Alex finally finds out Emma's secret in the next chapter, so prepare yourself for that!

Question of the Day: What are your top 3 favourite bands?

Mine, ATM, are Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy and I guess Hedley. I have a hard time picking favourites.

Love you guys so much xoxoxoxoxo

Haley