Chapter 28: Peterick Is Real

Chapter 28

*Patrick's POV*

"You ready?" I called to Pete.

He laughed. "Gimme 2 seconds."

I sighed. "You've been saying that for the past 5 minutes! Geez! You are so slow!"

He stepped out of the bathroom without a shirt, laughing. "You'll find out just how fast I can be sooner or later," he teased.

I blushed. "Oh stop it you!"

He slipped his t-shirt over his head and stepped closer to me, kissing me softly. He grinned at me. "You're so cute when you blush."

That only made me blush harder. "Let's go!"

We stepped off the bus and headed for the ATL bus to find Emma. We hadn't seen or really talked to her in over a week. I had to resist grabbing Pete's hand and cuddling closer to him. We had to keep things low key, considering we were technically cheating on our wives.

We spotted Alex and Jack first, like always. They were locked in a deep conversation, sitting close together.

"Hey guys!" I called.

They looked up and smiled at us. "Hey guys!" Alex responded.

"How's your sister doing?" Pete asked.

Alex shrugged. "Not sure. She's on the bus if you wanna talk to her."

I looked over at Pete. Just then, Emma stepped off the bus.

She was wearing a low-cut, Fall Out Boy tank top, white jean shirt shorts and a backwards snapback with her hair hanging loose. I smiled at her and she flashed me a huge smile. She ran over and hugged me tight. She stepped back and hugged Pete just as tightly.

"No more hiding," I said proudly.

She laughed. "Nope! No point now. Alex knows so who the fuck cares!"

Pete laughed. "Would you like to go for a walk? Or are those going to stop now that the secrets out?"

She laughed. "I would love to go for a walk! I don't want them to stop!"

"Awesome! Onwards Lady Emma!" I cheered.

Emma giggled. "Lead the way sir Patrick!"

I offered her my arm and Pete did the same. She looped her arms around ours and we set off on our mountainous hike. We laughed and joked around all the way to the top. We sat in a rock with our feet dangling over the edge, Emma sitting between Pete and I.

"So how have you been?" Pete asked Emma.

She smiled, one of the few real smiles I had ever seen from her. "Pretty good, not going to lie. It's taken some getting used to, but it's been okay. It's nice not having to sweat my balls off in my sweater and I've learned that I love being on stage."

"I wasn't aware you had balls," Pete teased.

Emma laughed. "Oh hell yeah! I tend to not tell people. It's my dirty little secret."

Pete laughed.

"So you love the stage huh?" I asked.

She nodded. "Absolutely. Even when I started playing 'Remembering Sunday' with the guys, I loved it, but since Alex broke his hand, I get to play guitar for ATL. It's just so much fun!"

Pete laughed. "I know! The stage is the greatest place in the world!"

There was a short pause. "I'm definitely loving the no sweater look, Em. Who knew you were so hot under that sweater?" I teased.