Chapter 27: I'm So Sorry

Chapter 27

*Zack's POV*

I looked across the stage at Emma. She had taken over Alex's guitar parts temporarily since Alex ended up breaking a few knuckles as well as a couple bones in his hand. Emma was rocking it on stage, like she always did. We hadn't spoken, and it had been over a week. I still couldn't figure out how to apologize.

The show finished and Emma wordlessly threw a towel at me. "Emma! Wait!" I called out.

She ignored me and walked back to the bus with Jack and Alex.

"You okay, man?" Rian asked, coming up behind me.

I frowned. "Not really. I have no idea how to apologize to Emma. I made a huge fucking mistake and I'm too dumb to own up and  apologize for my stupidity."

Rian clapped me on the back. "You'll figure it out, Zack. When the time is right, you'll know."

I sighed. "God I hope so."

Rian and I walked back to the bus, pretty much in silence. Jack and Alex were hanging out beside the bus.

"Alex? Where's Emma?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Dunno man."

I sighed. "Dammit!"

"Why?" He asked.

"I need to fucking talk to her. I feel like shit and I need to apologize. I wouldn't blame her if she broke up with me and never spoke to me ever again," I said sadly.

Jack smiled sadly at me. "I hope it works out well."

"Thanks," I said.

I grabbed my skateboard and headed into the direction of the nearest forest. I skated down the small path, looking for Emma. I found her sitting on top of a rock, alone.

"Emma?" I said softly.

She turned around and frowned at me. "What do you want, Zack?"

"Can we please talk? If you don't want to talk, at least let me talk," I begged.

She sighed. "Whatever."

I moved to sit a few feet away from her. I thought about what I was going to say in my head over and over.

"Emma. I am so, so, so sorry. There is nothing I could possibly say that could possibly make up for what I did. I was going to break my pinky promise and I am so ashamed. I should have talked to you and Patrick before I reacted. I was just upset that you were kissing another guy because I know you could do so much better than me. You could get any guy you could possibly want, and yet you chose me. I made you tell Alex before you were ready and I am an absolute fucking asshole for doing that. There is no excuse for what I did and I wouldn't be surprised if you broke up with me right here, right now," I gushed.

Emma stayed absolutely silent. She looked straight ahead into the forest.

I sighed. "You're pissed at me. I don't deserve your forgiveness, Emma."

She stayed silent once again.

My chest felt like it was constricting. "I really love you, Emma. I am such an asshole and I don't deserve someone as fucking amazing as you are."

"Stop it," Emma said quietly.

"What?" I asked.

She sighed. "Just stop. Yes, I am wicked pissed at you. I can't believe you even thought about telling Alex when you knew that was the one thing that I wanted to be kept a secret. You made me confess everything when I wasn't ready and it really hurt me. It still hurts though, Zack. I don't think I'm ready to forgive you yet."

Tears stung my eyes. "I understand."

She moved closer to me. "But don't get me wrong Zack, I do still love you. I'm the one who doesn't deserve you, but I still don't forgive you."

I sighed. "I understand. I wouldn't blame you for dumping me though."

She kissed me softly on the cheek. "No. I'm mad at you, but I still love you. Just give me some space and let me work things out. I love you Zack."

"I love you to Emma. More than you could ever know," I said.

She climbed off the rock. "Goodbye Zack."

"Bye Emma," I said.

Emma walked away, back to the bus. I stayed where I was, sitting on the rock. It hurt. All I wanted was to run to Emma and sweep her off her feet. Hold her and kiss her until she forgave me. I hesitated. I jumped up and hopped off the rock. I grabbed my skateboard and took off after Emma.

She was almost at the end of the forest path when I caught up to her. I skated up behind her and swept her off her feet. I hopped off the skateboard and put Emma down, backing her into a tree. I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground so that we were closer to the same height. I pressed my lips against hers with force. I felt her trying to push me away, but I just kissed her harder. I lost myself in the sweet taste of her lips. Soon, she gave up struggling and wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me back with force. I didn't want to moment to end. I wanted to kiss her and hold her forever.

Emma was the one to break the kiss. I set her down gently and looked away. I knew she was going to be pissed at me.

"This doesn't change things Zack," she said. "I am still pissed at you, but thanks. I've missed your kisses."

She stood on her tippy toes and kissed me, softly, one more time, before she turned and walked away.

"I love you Emma. I hope you know that. I am so sorry," I said out loud, to no one.

********************************************

Hey guys!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! I have been busy. I was going to upload yesterday but i ended up going to my trailer and stuff.

So.... I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

Question of the day: Would you forgive Zack for what he did/almost did? Do you think Emma is right for not wanting to forgive him just yet? Let me know guys!!!

Love you guys so much!!!

Haley xoxo

P.S. Thanks so much for 600 reads!!! You guys are absolutely phenomenal!!