Chapter 8: Can I Ask You A Question

Chapter 8

*Jack's POV*

I had a sneaking suspicion that my chances with Emma were diminishing by the day. I noticed that Zack and Emma were hanging out and spending a lot of time together. Alex was oblivious, as always. He never noticed these kinds of things. I mean, I'd been in love with him since we met and he never even realized it. Sigh.

I was the first one on the bus one night after the show and Emma was sitting on the couch, alone.

"Hey," I said, smiling at her.

She looked up at me and put her book down. She smiled sweetly at me. "Hey Jack! What's up?"

I ran my fingers through my sweaty hair. "Not too much. The show just finished."

"How was it?" She asked, tossing me a towel.

I dried myself off. "Amazing as usual."

She laughed. "Obviously!"

I giggled and blushed. I turned away from Emma so she couldn't see my face.

"So how have you been lately? I feel like we haven't, like, talked in forever!" Emma said.

I laughed. "Oh you know... Tour. Shows have been amazing and stuff like that. I don't know."

Emma giggled.

I paused. "Emma?"

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Can I ask you a question?"

She laughed. "You just did, but yeah, go ahead."

I paused again. "What's going on with you and Zack?"

She frowned and looked away, then shrugged. "I'm not sure to be honest," she said, her voice barely a whisper.

I sat beside her. "Is everything okay?"

She shrugged. "It's fine. I just don't really know what's going on with me and Zack. We just get along really well and I like be able to talk to him."

I looked down for a second. "You can talk to me..." I said, my voice soft.

She looked over at me and smiled a bit. "Thanks Jack. It's just a weird situation."

I nodded.

It was silent for a minute.

"Can ask you a question Jack?" Emma asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah sure."

She paused for a second before looking me dead in the eyes. "What's going on with you and Alex?"

I could feel my face heating up. I turned away from her and stood up, ready to walk away. She stood and grabbed my sleeve, not letting me go.

"Jack!" She said.

I shook my head, trying not to let my tears fall. Was it really that obvious?

"Jack look at me!" She said.

I turned to her. "What?"

"You like him don't you?" She asked, softly.

I collapsed on the couch and let the tears fall. "I don't just like him... I love him. I have since the first time we met in high school."

Emma sat beside me and put her hands on top of mine. "Oh Jack..."

"I don't know what to do Emma..."

She was silent for a moment. "Why don't you just tell him?"

I paused. "Alex would never feel the same way about me..."

Emma shook her head. "Do you not see the way he looks at you? He's just as in love with you as you are with him."

I shook my head furiously. "No."

"Jack. I'm him sister. I know him and I can tell how he feels about you. He loves you. I promise you. You have to man up and tell him how you feel, before it's too late," she said.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I just can't."

She sighed and stood up. "I don't know what you want me to tell you Jack."

"Tell me he's completely straight and he doesn't love me at all."

She smiled her cute half smile. "I can't tell you that Jack. That would be lying, and I hate lying."

She walked away as the rest of the band and crew got on the bus.

"What's up man?" Alex asked, eyeing me curiously.

I shook my head. "Nothing!" I screamed, running for my bunk.

I dove into my bunk and buried my head in my bunk. I didn't know what to do.

*******************************

Hey guys!!!

Been in a writing mood, so I hope you like this chapter!

Warning, the next chapter gets interesting. Nothing to bad, but it gets sexy, at least I think so. I'm pretty proud of it. It's the closest to a sex scene I've ever written.

Next chapter to be posted in a few minutes!

Love you guys and I hope you enjoy!

XOXOX

Haley