Chapter 22: Conflicted

Chapter 22

*Rian's POV*

'Hey Kenna!!!' I texted Kenna one morning. We hadn't seen each other since the night of our first and only date, but she had me glued to my phone, anxiously waiting for her next text.

'Hey Rian!!!' She replied immediately.

'Sup??' I asked.

'Ntm, wbu?'

'Still on Warped. It's only half over but I can't wait for it to be done.'

'How come?'

I smiled to myself. 'So I can see you again.'

Her response took a few seconds longer than usual. 'AWWWWW!!! OMG you r so sweet Rian!'

I blushed. 'Not as sweet as you ;)'

We were always texting each other. None of the guys really cared much, which kind of bugged me. I thought they would at least be happy that I got over Cass, or even pissed because I was always texting Kenna instead of talking to them.

I really did love Kenna, but I wasn't sure about our relationship. We were so far apart and we barely knew each other. I realized had started acting weird around the guys, especially Alex. Alex was one of my best friends, but we had never been as close as he was with Jack, or like I used to be with Zack until Emma came around.

"Hey Rian!" Alex said, stepping onto the bus.

I found myself blushing. "Hey Alex!" I responded.

"What's up man? Still texting Kenna?" He asked.

I nodded. "How'd you guess?"

"It's all you seem to do now. You don't talk to us as much as you used to," he said sadly.

I felt my heart speed up. "What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "Ever since you started talking to Kenna, you barely pay attention to any of us," he said, sitting beside me on the couch.

My heart started pounding so loud and hard that I thought he would be able to hear it.

"We miss you Rian," Alex said, pausing for a second. He looked at me and smiled softly. "I miss you."

My heart thudded even harder. I just couldn't hold back anymore. Without stopping to think about it, I grabbed Alex's shirt and pulled his towards me, smashing my lips against him. I could feel his shock and he pushed me away.

I heard a gasp.

Jack was standing in the doorway, tears filling his eyes.

"Rian! What the hell?!" Alex screamed. He turned around to face Jack. "Jack! This isn't what it looks like! He kissed me! I pushed him away!"

Jack wasn't listening though. Tears fell from his eyes and began streaking his face. Without saying a word, he turned and ran.

"Rian! What the fuck?!" Alex screamed at me.

Tears filled my eyes. "I'm... I'm sorry! I couldn't help it!"

"Fuck!" He screamed.

I remained sitting on the couch in silence.

"Emma!" Alex practically shrieked.

Emma came running. "Yeah Lex?"

"Rian just kissed me and Jack saw and he won't believe me that Rian kissed me and that I pushed him away! I need you to find him for me!" He cried.

Emma hugged Alex quickly. "I'm on my way!" She said. She shot me a dirty look before running off the bus.

Alex spun back towards me and I sunk into the couch, trying to disappear. "What the actual fuck Rian?! Why would you even fucking think of fucking doing that?!"

I was shaking. "I... I don't know!"

Alex was fuming.

"Why does Jack care so much anyways?!" I screamed.

"It doesn't fucking matter!?" He screamed.

He got off the bus, slamming the door shut behind him. A few seconds later, Zack stepped on the bus.

"Mind explaining what's going on?" He asked me.

"I kissed Alex," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It just felt right."

Zack nodded. "Ummm... Okay. Where's Jack?"

"He saw me kiss Alex and got upset or something. He ran off. Emma's out looking for him."

He nodded again. "Well, okay then."

"Yeah."

There was a short pause. "So... Does this mean you're gay?" Zack asked.

I shrugged. "I just don't know. I really like Kenna, but I... I don't know."

Zack nodded. "Well... Whatever you are Rian, I support you. Boys, girls, both, I don't really care," he said. "Just maybe next time, don't kiss someone out of nowhere. It tends to scare them away."

I sighed. "Thanks Zack."

"Anytime Rian," he said, stepping off the  bus.

I collected all of my stuff and climbed into my bunk quietly. Even though it was midday, I had no energy to get up and do anything. I felt so rejected and hurt and confused.

'This was not going to be easy,' I thought to myself as I drifted off to sleep.

***********************************************

Hey guys!

2 short chapters in one day! Woohoo! More to come tonight probably.

Anyways... I thought I needed some Jalex drama and the only thing I could think of was some variation of what happened in this chapter. Don't worry, Jalex will be fine and Rian will get his shit together.

Hope you guys liked it and I already asked you the question of the day, so...

bye!!!!

love you xoxo

Haley