Chapter 5 - Hello, Pikachu!

I went outside to our family's battle field to see both my brothers were battling each other. Danny was using his Hitmonchan and Ryan was using his Pidgeot. "Wow," I whispered. "Pichu," Pichu agreed, sitting on my shoulder as we watched the battle.

Suddenly, a hand was placed on my shoulder making me jump and turned around to see none other then my Uncle John, "Hey, kid," He said. "Uncle John!" I called with a smile. "Pichu!" My Pichu called as well.

He picked me up and we hugged. "How you doing kid?" He asked before placing me back on the ground. "I'm fine. What are you doing here? When did you came?" I asked.

"Just now," He replied before looking at my brothers and we noticed they stopped the battle to look at us. "Uncle John?" they both called. "Hey, boys!" He called before they walked over to us with their Pokémon.

"Who won?" I asked. "Who do you think?" Danny asked with a smirk, crossing his arms. "Hitmonchan," His Hitmonchan said with a smirk. "Then I'll take it that Ryan did," I teased and petted Ryan's Pidgeot. Ryan laughed and Danny gave me a playfully glare.

Then, my Poliwag came over, followed by Ryan's girlfriend Jane, "Hey," She said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as she stood by Ryan's side. "Uncle John, you here to work with Dad again?" Danny asked. "Sure did but hey, I came to the field first to see you kids," Uncle John said.

"It's good to see you again after so long," Ryan said. "Yeah," I agreed. "It's good to see you too kids," Uncle John said before looking down at me, "So, Emma, if your brothers are practicing, why not you?"

"Huh, me?" I asked, pointing at myself. He let out a chuckle, "If you planning to go on your own journal soon, why not practice?" He said. I glanced down at Pichu and Poliwag before back at my Uncle, "Well, I guess..."

He placed his hands on his hips, "Why don't battle against me?" He suggested. Mine and my brothers' jaw dropped, "Huh?"

"Wow, Uncle John," Ryan started. "Um, don't you think it's a bit soon?"

"Why is that?" Uncle John asked, frowning. "Well, John, Emma doesn't have much experience in battling," Jane reminded softly. "Yeah, and battling against you, it's, well..." Danny said, brushing his hand at his hair.

"Don't worry, nothing bad could happen," Uncle John reassured and looked down at me with a small smile, "What are you saying? It could help you a lot."

"I--I don't know," I muttered before glancing back down at my Pokémon. Pichu looked back up at me for a moment before nodding, "Pichu!" she hopped to my shoulder and looked at my Uncle with her paw raised, "Pichu! Pi!"

"Poliwag!" My Poliwag agreed as well, jumping up and down. Uncle John smiled, "Well, looks like your friends want to," He noted. I smiled, "Yeah. Okay, we'll do it and we'll win!" I said and everyone smiled.

"That's the spirit," Ryan said. "Good luck," Jane said to me. Uncle John and I walked to the battle field, walking to our stands. I took a deep breath and looked down at Pichu and Poliwag, "You guys sure want to do this?"

They nodded and I smiled, "Okay," I said before looking back at Uncle John. "Ready, Uncle John?" I called. "I'm always ready," He said, placing a hand on his hip before throwing a Poké Ball with his other hand, "Come on out, Machoke!"

"Machoke!"

It was a bipedal, humanoid Pokémon covered in gray skin and it had a vaguely reptilian face with a short snout, narrow red eyes.

"That a big one," I muttered. "Emma!" I looked over to the side at Danny, "Don't let the size scare you or you Pokémon. Size isn't important!" He called. I nodded, "Right," I said and looked down at my Pokémon, "Size isn't something that should scare us."

They nodded in agreement before we looked back at the field. "Okay. Machoke is a fighting Pokémon. You both could fight against it but only one can do that now," I said to my Pokémon. "Pichu, go for it."

"Pichu!" My Pichu said before running to the field, standing in front of Machoke. "Would you like so start first?" Uncle John asked. "You go," I called back. "Alright then," He said. "Machoke, Low Sweep!"

"Pichu, Thunder Shock!"

Both Pokémon attacked at the same time, suddenly we couldn't see anything because smoke was created by the attacks. I started coughing and heard a Pokémon coughing as well. The smoke slowly started to faded away and I could see Pichu.

"Machoke, Leer!"

My eyes grew wide, "Pichu, dodge!" Just when Pichu was about to dodge, the attack hit it, sending Pichu backwards a little.

"Pichu!" I called, worried. Pichu slowly got up and shook her head, trying to stay focused. "Pichu!" she called. "Pichu, Thunder Wave!" I called and she used.

"Machoke, dodge it!"

Machoke dodged the attack, "Use Cross Chop!" And it did, sending Pichu flying backwards again. She hit the ground and tried to get up. "Pichu!" I called. "Poliwag!" My Poliwag called.

"Emma, tell Pichu to get back!" Ryan called. "Pikachu! Pi!" His Pikachu called as well. "She can't fight anymore!" Danny called. He was right. I had to tell Pichu to come back or else she could get more hurt then she was. "Pichu, return!"

Pichu slowly got up but she didn't moved to get back to my side. "Pichu!" she called before suddenly a bright light appeared on her. "Pichu?" I asked. "She's evolving!" Jane called.

My eyes grew wide as I watched Pichu getting slightly bigger before the bright light disappeared, reviling a short, chubby rodent Pokémon. She was covered in yellow fur with two horizontal brown stripes on her back. She had a small mouth, long, pointed ears with black tips, brown eyes, and two red circles on her cheeks. There was a V-shaped notch at the end of her tail, which looked like the top of a heart.

"Pikachu?"

I gasped, "Pichu, you evolved!"

She turned to me with a smile, "Pikachu!" She turned back around to face Machoke, "Alright Pikachu, use Spark!" I called and she did, making Machoke to slightly move backwards.

"Machoke, use Dynamic Punch!"

Machoke ran towards Pikachu, "Pikachu, dodge it!" Pikachu started moving backwards, dodging the punches. "Use Thunder Shock!"

She jumped on Machoke's arm and hopped up, using Thunder Shock. She hit Machoke, making it fly backwards, hitting at the ground. "That was great, guys!" Ryan called. "You doing good!" Danny called. "Not bad!" Uncle John called. "Machoke, you alright?"

"Machoke," It replied, slowly getting up. "Pikachu, Quick Attack!" I called and she did, hitting quickly Machoke on its stomach. "Machoke!" Uncle John called and it fell to the ground, this time not getting up.

"Machoke can't fight. Pikachu is the winner!" Jane called. I stared with my mouth slightly opened. "We won?" I asked myself. "Poliwag!" My Poliwag said, jumping up and down with a smile.

I slowly started to grin, "We won!" I called with my hands up in the air. Pikachu turned to me and ran towards me. I kneeled down as she did and she jumped into my arms. "Pika!"

I hugged Pikachu tightly and she did as well to me. "You did amazing job," I complimented. "Pikachu!" she said with a smile. Suddenly, there were clapping from the side and we all looked over to see Dad standing there with his Arbok. "That was very good battle," He complimented.

"Dad!" Me and my brothers called. "Look who showed up. What's up, Alex?" Uncle John asked as he helped Machoke to it's feet. "I was waiting for you, John. But now I see what took you so long," Dad said, letting out a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah," Uncle John said, rolling his eyes before looking at Machoke, "You okay, buddy?" It nodded, "Machoke."

I rushed over to Dad with Pikachu in my arms and Poilwag at my side. "Dad, Pichu evolved!" I said. He smiled, "I see that," He said. "You both did a good job." I smiled at Pikachu and she smiled at me.

Today was a good day; having my first real battle against one of my family members and I won with Pichu evolving to Pikachu.