Chapter 47 - Holy Matrimony!

I was holding the egg I got from Ash in my arms as we all continued on, on a path. "Hey look, a poster," Ash suddenly said and we all stopped and looked to the side of the road, seeing a sign with a poster of a child with the title 'Missing'.

"Missing," I read. "Is that..." Misty trailed off as we all stared at the missing child. It looked like... "It can't be..." Brock trailed off. I looked closer at the picture for another moment. "James?!" me and my friends spoke together.

"It sure looks like him," Ash said. "It does," I agreed before turning to look down the road when we heard a car approaching. A limo stopped next to us and an older man with grey hair got out. "Hello, have you seen that boy from the photo?" he asked.

"We have, if it's James from Team Rocket," Ash said. The man gasped in delight, "You have?! Quick, to the estate." The man pushed us all to the limo and got in after us.

"Hey," I complained but he ignored me and closed the door before turning to the front seat, "Driver, quick, back to the estate." The limo drove off and he turned to us, "Would you children like some tea?" he asked. "Uh..." I trailed off as I stared at the man in confusion.

...................

I didn't know how long we were driving to this so-called estate, my friends and I were drinking some tea while both mine and Ash's Pikachu were eating biscuits. I looked at the egg that was inside my backpack before zipping the bag.

"So, how much farther until we get there?" Ash asked. "We're almost there," the man answered. "It feels like hours," Misty muttered. "Wow," Ash said as he looked out the window. I looked outside to see a huge mansion coming to view.

"Look at that," Ash said. "It's huge," Misty said. We drove closer to the mansion and the limo stopped in front of the front doors. We all got out and looked around. "This is the biggest mansion I've ever seen," Ash said.

"This is not the mansion," the man said and we looked at him in confusion. "This one is a dog house, for Growlithe, it's the Pokémon of Master James," he said before pointing to his left, "This one is the master's mansion."

We looked to his left and to our very surprise there was a huge mansion I've ever seen. "Wow!" We all said in shock. "Please follow me," the man said and started to walk toward the mansion. My friends and I exchanged a look before following him.

We walked up the stairs and I looked at my Pikachu, who was sitting on my shoulder, "This is way bigger then our house," I muttered. "Pika," she agreed. We walked toward the front doors and walked inside as we looked around.

We stopped when we spotted two coffins at the end of the room with flowers all around them. A picture of young James holding a small Growlithe, and a man and a woman with him, was between the coffins.

"Coffins? Was there a funeral here?" Misty asked. "My master and mistress had only one child," the man said, "A boy named James." He looked at us, "This morning, his parents had passed away, and this estate is now his."

"Huh?!" We asked as we all stared at the man in shock. "You mean that this all estate is gonna belong to James?!" Ash asked before taking off his hat. The man nodded before turning sadly to the coffins, "After master James run away, his parents no longer had the strength to go on," he said as he pulled out a tissue and wiped his eyes from his tears, "Their hearts were broken."

"That's so sad," Misty said as we all looked at the coffins in sadness. "And now they..." Ash trailed off, "I hope we can find James and tell him real soon." The man turned to us, "Real soon won't due. His parents' Will clearly stated that master James must marry his fiancée without 24 hours of their passing away, if not, this entire estate will no longer belong to him but donated to charity, I must find him at once."