Chapter 14 - The Water Flowers of Cerulean City

"I'll show him," Ash muttered. "Didn't I just say not to think about it?" I asked before glancing at my Pikachu. "By the way, who is Gary?"

"He's a jerk who thinks he's better than me," He answered, looking ahead of him angrily. I raised an eyebrow, "Okay?"

"Pika," My Pikachu said, tilting her head. "Hey, wait a minute!" A familiar voice called behind us. We all stopped to see Misty catching up to us. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, I know where we going, we're going to Cerulean City," Ash said. Misty looked a bit off, "Cerulean City? Why would you go there for?"

"It's for Ash's next badge," I pointed out, raising an eyebrow. "You guys don't want a Pokémon from there," Misty said. "Why not?" Ash asked. "Because they're all..." Misty trailed off. "All what?" Ash pressured.

"Very scary ghost Pokémon," Misty said. I raised an eyebrow, exchanging a confused look with my Pikachu. I looked at my red-headed friend, "Huh, then how come I didn't see any ghost Pokémon when I was there last year?"

"Pika," My Pikachu said, nodding. "Come on, let's go," Ash said. Ash, Brock and me started to walk with mine and Ash's Pikachu. "Hey, hey," Misty said as she stood in front of us, "What about Vermilion City? It's right on the water and there are lots of neat Pokémon and you can watch all the giant yachts pull into the harrrbouuur!" She started to get a bit carried away by her own speech as she was cupping her arms beneath her chin and sighing happily with her eyes closed.

I looked at Ash and Brock in confusion, but the two boys just shrugged their shoulders. "And there's a liiitle park waaaaay up on the hill where you can sit and watch the sunset that's soooo romantic," Misty said. "And it's much nicer than that old Cerulean City."

"Misty, are you okay?" I asked. "Yep, so let's get going," She said. "Okay, let's go," Ash said. "Really?" Misty asked hopefully. He grinned, "To Cerulean City."

We started to walk past the disappointed Misty and continued on. "I've got to get more Trainer's Badges, and since there's a Gym in Cerulean City..." Ash trailed off. "Yeah, makes sense," Brock agreed. "You know, it's going to be dark soon," I pointed out, "We should camp here for the night."

"But--" Ash started. "We'll get to Cerulean City in the morning, Ash," I said. "If we'll wake up early in the morning, we'll get there in an hour or more."

"She's right," Brock said. Ash sighed, "She always does." I smiled, "Yep, which is why best to listen to me." Both mine and Ash's Pikachu nodded their heads, "Pika." 

I looked behind us toward Misty, "Come on, Misty, we're gonna camp here for the night." Misty sighed as she finally catch up to us.

...................

Surprisingly, Ash was the one to wake us all up earlier in the morning to continue head to Cerulean City. Brock, Ash and I, along with our Pikachu, walked into the city. "Hey, nothing changed here," I said with a smile. "So this is Cerulean City, huh?" Ash asked. "Yep," I answered. "Pretty nice place, isn't it?" Brock asked. "Yeah, pretty cool," Ash agreed.

I looked behind me to see that Misty wasn't following us anymore. "Hey, Misty's not following us anymore," I pointed out sadly. "Chu," Ash's Pikachu said, tilting his head. "She really didn't want to come to Cerulean City, did she," Brock noted. "I wonder why she hates this place so much?" I wondered.

Ash shrugged, "Come on, let's go." We walked around the city to find the Pokémon Gym. But as we did so, we saw a big scene was developing outside of a machine shop in Central Cerulean City, police cars were sitting on the road, a large crowd gathered around the store. "I wonder what happened?" Ash asked.