Chapter 38 - The Ninja Poké-Showdown

"Alright, where is this famous Fuchsia Gym we're looking for anyway?" Ash asked as we stopped in the middle of the forest. "I can't believe there's a Gym in the middle of nowhere like this," Misty said as I studied the map.

"Hey, Emma, what's the map says?" Brock asked. I raised an eyebrow as I gave them a look, "It says we're completely lost. Again." I sighed as I folded the map, "Let's take a break."

"But we need to find the Gym so I can win the badge!" Ash said. Before I could scold him, we all heard a growling noise and looked down at Ash's stomach. The boy chuckled nervously, "On second thought, maybe we should take a break and eat," He said. "Uh-huh," I said sarcastically.

...................

We had found a spot to rest and started preparing for lunch. We had let out all of our Pokémon so they could relax outside their Poké balls.

I was making lunch while others were doing other stuff. "Smells great!" Brock complimented as he walked closer. "Thanks," I said, "Almost done."

"Hey, Emma, what's wrong with Scyther?" Misty asked as she stood next to me. I followed her gaze to my Scyther to see he was looking around at the trees. "I, uh, I don't know," I answered and looked at Brock, "Brock, can you watch over?"

"Sure," Brock said and I walked closer to Scyther. "Hey, Scyther, what's up?" I asked. "Scyther," my Mantis Pokémon said as he continued to look around for a moment before turning to me and shook his head, "Scyther..." I frowned and looked up at the trees in confusion. "Lunch time," Brock called.

...................

After we finished eating lunch, we started preparing to continue search for the Gym. "Let's head off," Ash said after getting all of our Pokémon back into their Poké balls, except Ash's and mine Pikachu of course, and Psyduck and Scyther. "Wait a minute, let's wait for Psyduck," Misty said as we looked over at her Psyduck, who was drinking water from the lake.

I looked over at Scyther as I held his Poké ball, but frowned in confusion as I saw he was looking at the trees ones again. "Psyduck, cold water can make headache even worse," Misty said and I looked over to see Psyduck was now standing near us. It looked at Misty with a blank stare and held its head.

"Sometimes I just look at that Psyduck's face and I get a headache," Misty said before looking quickly at me, "Hey, Emma, how about a trade?" I tilted my head, "Sorry Misty, but no."

Misty pouted and looked toward Psyduck in annoyance. "Come on guys, we better get going," Ash said. I held out Scyther's Poké ball, "Come on, Scyther."

"Scyther," Scyther said and we all looked at him in confusion. Scyther shook his head as if not wanting to be inside his Poké ball for the moment. "You want to be outside for now?" I asked and he nodded, "Scyther."

"Scyther looks a bit off, isn't he?" Misty asked. "He's been looking at the trees here for a while," I pointed out as I pulled on my backpack, "I don't know why."

"Come on," Ash said and started to walk away. Me, Brock and Misty exchanged a look before Misty returned Psyduck back to its Poké ball and we started to follow Ash. I stopped as I glanced behind me to see Scyther glaring at a spot on a tree. "Scyther? Let's go," I said.

Scyther glanced at me before quickly looking back at the spot, "Scyther..." He turned around and walked toward me and my friends, and we continued on.

...................

After a bit of walking through the forest, we came across a bridge. Ash looked down the river under the bridge in confusion, "Are you sure the Gym is on the other side?"