Chapter 50 - Pokémon Paparazzi

My friends and I were taking a break in a park. We all let our Pokémon out so they can join in for lunch. "Guess what Brock and I made," I said as Brock pulled out a paper bag from his bag. "Rice balls," he said as he pulled out a rice ball from the paper bag. "All right!" Misty and Ash said happily.

"Dig in, we made plenty," Brock said. Magikarp, Staryu, Starmie, Goldeen and Horsea jumped into a fountain while the others started to eat with me and my friends. I dropped some Pokémon food in the water so the Water Pokémon in the fountain will eat. Horsea eat some before turning to look around, and then turned to me, "Horsea, Horsea?"

"Oh, you looking for Tentacruel," I said and it nodded. "I'm sorry Horsea, I should have told you earlier, Tentacruel is at my home with my family. I'm sure you'll see it again soon." Horsea nodded, "Horsea."

I walked toward the others and sat down as Ash gave Togepi water from his bottle. "Okay, Togepi, eat up," I said as Togepi turned to me. I took a small piece from my rice ball and hold it to it, "Open wide." Togepi opened it's mouth and eat the small piece.

"Make sure to eat good so you can grow and be strong like all the other Pokémon," Misty said. Togepi jumped up and down happily. "Those rice balls are really good," Ash said as he eat. "Cha," his Pikachu agreed.

I chuckled and shook my head before turning back to feed Togepi, "Is it yummy, Togepi?" It nodded as it jumped up and down, "Togy! Togy!" I chuckled, "Slow down, you shouldn't be jumping around while eating."

"Scyther!"

We all looked toward Scyther, seeing him standing up as he stared at the bushes. "Scyther?" I asked as all the Pokémon looked at the bushes too. "What's wrong?" Ash asked. Scyther flew toward the bushes as he held forward his scythes, and vanished inside.

Not a second later, there was a scream from inside the bushes. We all ran toward the bushes and looked inside to see Scyther standing in front of a boy, probably in my, Ash and Misty's age, holding a camera.

"Scyther!" Scyther called angrily. "What's going on?" I asked. "Who are you?" Ash asked. "Can someone move this Scyther away from me first?" the boy asked. "Scyther," I said and the Mantis Pokémon glared at the boy before moving closer to me and the others.

The boy breathed in relief as he looked at the camera. "Are you spying on us?" Ash asked angrily. "I wasn't spying," the boy answered as he stood up, "I was just trying to take pictures of the Pokémon."

"Scyther must have thought you were trying to hurt him and all of us, that's why he attacked you," Brock said. "Scyther," the Mantis Pokémon agreed. "Sorry," the boy said, "You see, when you find many Pokémon all sitting together, you can't miss the opportunity to take a picture of this."

"Are you... a photographer?" Misty asked. "Yes, a Pokémon photographer," the boy said, "The name is Todd. Todd Snap." I frowned, "But you know, you could have asked to take picture of the Pokémon, then Scyther wouldn't have attack you."

"I wanted them to look natural," Todd explained. "I didn't want them to look uncomfortable or make a pose." My friends and I exchanged a look and I shrugged.

...................

After getting our Pokémon into their Poké balls, Todd had took us to his cabin that he said he was staying for a while. He handed a cup of tea to each of us as he spoke, "You may not recognize my name, but I'm sure you've heard of the photographer who took the only known photo of the legendary Pokémon Aerodactyl."

My friends and I exchanged a confused look. "Have you?" Misty asked Brock, and he shook his head and Todd looked shocked and disappointed. "How is that possible?!" He asked before running to a desk. He ran back over and held up a book. "Here, look at this issue of Pokémon Time." He placed it on the table and pointed, "That's my picture of Aerodactyl."