Chapter 27 - Abra and the Psychic Showdown

It was only been a day after Ash released Butterfree to be with the pink Butterfree. And while we all were trying to get to Saffron City, we found ourselves lost...

Again!

It was night time and it was a bit hard to see but Ash wanted to keep going and find the city instead of camping out again. I stopped walking with both mine and Ash's Pikachu and turned to find Ash and Misty arguing and blaming each other for getting lost again. To my annoyance Brock, who tried to stop the fight, got pulled into the fighting too.

"Guys," I said but they didn't hear me and continued to blame each other. I was getting really annoyed by those arguments, "Hey! Guys!" They continued shouting and I raised an eyebrow as I placed my hands on my hips. "Pika-chu," my Pikachu said and sighed.

"Knock it off!" I shouted. They jumped in surprise and looked at me as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Now, that I got your attention, fighting like five years old isn't going to get us out of here."

A giggle of a child was echoing through the forest and we all looked to the side and saw a little girl standing between the trees, holding a ball. "Uh, hello," Ash said, "Do you live around here?" The girl didn't answer and continued to giggle while bouncing the ball.

I raised an eyebrow at the very creepy girl. I felt like I was in a horror movie. The girl grabbed her ball, giggling as she turned around and ran away.

"Hey! Please don't run away!" Ash called before following her. I looked after him in shock, "Ash!" He ran after the girl and I sighed, "Oh, you're not supposed to run after creepy little girls." I glanced at Misty and Brock before running after Ash, "Come on."

"Wait up!" Misty called behind me but I didn't stop. I ran deep into the dark forest and out just to see Ash falling in a big drop off at the end of the forest. "Ash!" I yelled. "Pika-Pi!" my Pikachu yelled. "Bulbasaur!" I heard Ash shouting as I ran closer and saw a Poké ball thrown up. Bulbasaur was released at the edge of the cliff and used Vine Whip to catch Ash.

I looked down at Ash to see Bulbasaur had catched him. "Ash! Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah," Ash answered as Bulbasaur lifted him up to stand next to me. Ah sighed, "That was close." His Pikachu came closer as I glared at Ash and grabbed his ear, making him cry out. "That's for scaring me!" I said.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Ash said and I let go of his ear. He winced as he held into his ear. Misty and Brock ran closer. "You okay?" Brock asked. "Not anymore," Ash said while holding his ear.

"Hey, what about that weird little girl?" Misty asked, "Where did she ran off to?" I shrugged, "I don't know." Ash grinned as he pointed to the edge of the cliff, "Take a look over there!"

We looked over below the cliff to see a city with lights on all around. "Saffron City!" I said. "Sabrina is the Gym leader of the Saffron City Gym," Brock said as he looked at Ash, "You defeat her, you'll win a Marsh Badge."

Ash grinned as he looked back at the city, "Yes! Look out, Sabrina, here I come!" He held up Bulbasaur's Poké ball, "Bulbasaur, return." The Seed Pokémon got back into his Poké ball. "Come on!" Ash took off and I sighed. "That boy," I said with a small smile. "Hey! Wait for us!" Misty shouted and we ran after him. 

...................

As we walked closer to Saffron City, I noticed no one was around. "Hey, where is everyone?" I asked, "This place is too quiet, don't you think?"

"Maybe they--" Ash started but the second we got into the city, the sounds of fire crackers were set off down by our feet, causing us all to yelp in surprise and step back. "What was that?!" I asked as the crackling stopped.