Chapter 15 - Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village

"Guys, we're lost," I said as me and my friends walked along the thick tall grass. It has been two weeks since we left Cerulean City and headed to Vermilion City for Ash's next gym battle.

Ash looked at me over his shoulder while his Pikachu was resting on his backpack like mine was. "Don't worry, I'm positive that this lead us back to the path."

"Pika?" His Pikachu asked. "Positive, huh?" Brock asked sarcastically. "That what you said an hour ago, I'm tired," Misty said. "Me too," I agreed. "Can we stop for a moment?"

"Okay," Ash agreed as we all finally stopped walking. Misty sighed and gave Ash a look, "You just had to take a short cut."

"I took a short cut? It was you who said to go this way!" Ash said. "Ha! If I was leading, we wouldn't be lost like this!" Misty said while Brock and I exchanged an annoyed look. "Who said we lost?!" Ash asked.

"Stop!" I shouted, which caused Ash and Misty to stop bickering and look at me. I placed my hands on my hips, "Instead of fighting like little kids, we should find a way out."

"Emma's right, we won't get anywhere if you two keep fighting," Brock said. "Fine," Misty muttered. I started to lead the way out of the tall grass and found a few big rocks to sit on. "Let's rest for a little bit," I said.

"The best news I've heard for a while now," Misty said. I smiled and shook my head as we all sat down. Ash sat next to me and both our Pikachu. A moment later, we heard something behind us and looked over our shoulders to see an Oddish drinking from a small pond.

"Hey, it's an Oddish," I said with a smile as Ash pulled out his Dexter.

Oddish. This Pokémon is typically found roaming the forest, scattering pollen as it walks around.

Ash smiled as he pulled out a poke ball, "I'll catch it." I stepped in front of him, "Hold on, I'm gonna catch it."

"What? Why should I let you catch it?" Ash asked. "Because, I'm asking you very nicely to back off," I said, which caused Misty to giggle. "You go, girl!" She cheered before we saw that Oddish was starting to ran away.

"Oddish, Oddish," the tiny Pokémon said. "Pikachu, get it!" I called before my Pikachu ran quickly toward the blue Pokémon and stopped in front of it to block it's path. "Pika!" She said.

"Pikachu, Tackle!" I called. Pikachu rammed into Oddish, sending it to the ground before it quickly tried to get up. "Oddish! Oddish!" It called. "Pika!" My Pikachu said. "Tackle it again, Pikachu!" I called.

Pikachu rammed into Oddish again, sending it once again to the ground. I quickly pulled out a Poké ball, "Go, Poké ball!" I threw it toward the weakened Pokémon, but suddenly it was slapped back and I caught it. "What the--?"

There was a tiny grass Pokémon standing firmly, growling as it stood protectively in front of Oddish. It was a Bulbasaur.

"Wow! I can't believe it! A Bulbasaur!" Ash said with a big smile before he pulled out his Dexter.

Bulbasaur. It bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and very difficult to capture in the wild."

Bulbasaur suddenly charged forward toward my Pikachu. "Pika!" Pikachu said as she moved away before Bulbasaur could hit her. "Hey! Leave her alone!" I said. Pikachu ran back toward me and jumped into my arms.

Ash stood in front of me and hold a Poké ball, "Now it's my turn. Bulbasaur is mine." He threw the Poké ball, "Butterfree, I choose you!"

The Butterfly Pokémon came out. "Butterfree, Sleep Powder!" Ash called. Butterfree flew up high and tried to use the Sleep Powder to knock Bulbasaur out, but the Seed Pokémon simply sucked in air and blowed it back out. This caused the powder to wash over Butterfree instead, however, and send the Butterfly Pokémon down to the ground.