Chapter 13 - Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Ash, Misty, Brock and I were resting before heading off again. I was looking at the map to see we were close to a mountain called 'Mt. Moon'. "Huh," I hummed. "What is it, Emma?" Misty asked.

"Well, in the map it says we sitting close by a mountain called 'Mt. Moon'. Where have I heard about it?" I asked, looking at my Pikachu. "Pika," My yellow friend said. "I've heard about it too," Ash said. "Mt. Moon. It sounds so romantic," Misty said.

Brock chuckled, "Now I remember where I heard about it too. People say that a huge meteor crashed into the mountain back in the prehistoric times."

"A meteor?" Ash asked. "Is it really true?" Misty asked. "The meteor is call the Moon Stone," Brock said.

"Now that's romantic," Misty said. I smiled and shook my head. "Can we go there?" She asked. "W--no way, we have to go to the next town," Ash said. "Aw, come on Ash. The Gym isn't gonna go anywhere, it will be there when we get there. Why not go and see this?" I asked.

Misty wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "Exactly. Now, let's go!" She pulled me up with her. "Oh, come on," Ash whined.

...................

We all hiking towards Mt. Moon. "Whoa, look at it," Misty said, pointing at the mountain. We all stopping walking when we heard a scream. "Look, over there," Ash said before we all ran toward the base of Mt. Moon to see a man being attacked by a group of Zubat.

"Zubat," I said. "They attacking that guy," Misty said as Ash pulled out his Dexter.

Zubat, blind Pokémon with supersonic powers. Zubat live in caves and hate to fly outside in daylight.

Ash looked at the Zubat, "Not those Zubat," he said. "No time for jokes," I pointed out. "Pikachu, Thunder Shock." My Pikachu jumped off my head, attacking the group of Zubat with Thunder Shock. The Zubat all flew inside the cave and we all ran toward the guy. "Are you okay?" Ash asked.

The guy stood up, smiling, "Wow, you guys are the greatest!" He placed his hands on my shoulders, "I'm talking super-fantabulistic! I mean two thumbs up, way up, the best rescue I've ever had!"

"Uh, you're welcome," I said. "I'm so moooved, such friendship I thought I'd never see... when the Zubat began attacking me!" the guy said, "I thought I was done for when who should arrive? Two heroes thanks to whom I'm alive!"

"He certainly doesn't look like the poetic type," Misty noted. "Did I mention how grateful I am?" the guy asked me, clutching my wrists in his hands. "Uh..." I trailed off. Thankfully, Ash cut in, "Why were the Zubat attacking you, mister?"

"Huhhh," the guy gasped and looked at Ash angrily, "Never call me mister! My name's Seymour... Seymour the Scientist! Knowledge, research, I'm Seymour the Scientist!"

Me and my friends looked at Seymour in surprise and confusion, exchanging a look.

Seymour lead us inside the cave to show us there were number of lights hooked up deep into the cave, lighting it all up. Apparently this wasn't a good thing, as all the lights set up in the normally pitch-black cave is throwing off all the Pokémon's natural senses, timing and rhythm.

"Look here, these Paras planting their mushrooms everywhere," Seymour said. "And the hot lights are drying up these Sandshrew."

Paras were pulling the mushrooms off of their backs and planting them in the ground far too early and the Sandshrew was splayed out on the floor

"Pika," Ash's Pikachu said sadly. My Pikachu nodded, "Pikachu."

"This is why I'm here," Seymour said, "I'm patrolled to protect Mt. Moon from troublemakers attacking against this cave."