Chapter 17 - Here Comes the Squirtle Squad

Me and my friends continued on the route, while Ash was happily skipping ahead of me, Brock and Misty. "How long do you think it will take him to clam down?" I asked with a smirk.

"He's Ash, so I don't know," Misty said, smirking back. Ash suddenly stopped and looked down at his feet. Brock, Misty and I stood next to him, looking down to see his feet disappeared under the ground. Suddenly, we all fell inside a hole hard and groaned in pain.

"No, not another hole," Misty complained as I rubbed my sore arm. "Ow," Brock groaned in pain. "What now?" I muttered as we all got up. "It must be a prank," Brock said. "Someone has a bad sense of humor," Misty said. "Who would do such a rotten trick?" Ash asked.

Right then, five heads appeared on the top of the hole as they laugh, "Squirtle." We glared at them as they laugh. "Squirtle," I said. "What's so funny?" Misty snapped, "We could have been hurt."

"More hurt then we are now," I said, glaring at those Water Pokémon. They kept laughing and moved away. Me and my friends climbed up to the top of the hole and got out.

"Dangerous practical jokes are nothing to laugh about," Ash snapped. "Pikachu!" His Pikachu agreed. The Squirtle laughed again as we stood in front of them. Ash took out his Dexter and pointed it toward them.

Squirtle. This Tiny Turtle Pokémon draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy. The blasts can be quite powerful.

Ash smirked as he put the Pokédex back into his pocket, "With my vary own Squirtle, Gary will never beat me. Go, Pikachu!" I raised an eyebrow and watched as his Pikachu run forward, sending a Thunderbolt toward the Squirtle with the pointy sunglasses, however, one of the Squirtle with the round sunglasses stepped in the way, letting itself get hit by the attack, and fall to the ground.

"Squirtle, Squirtle?" the Squirtle with the pointy sunglasses asked as he looked down at the Squirtle who got hit for him. He then looked at Pikachu and the two glared at each other as they stood facing each other.

"Pika..." My Pikachu trailed off as we all stared at Ash's Pikachu and the pointy sunglasses Squirtle glaring at each other. Suddenly, we all looked to the other direction when we heard sirens going off. The pointy sunglasses Squirtle looked back to his gang, "Squirtle, Squirtle." The Squirtle all picked up the injured Squirtle and they all ran away.

"Pikachu," Ash's Pikachu said as he tilted his head. "That was sure weird," Ash said. We all turned as Officer Jenny pulled her motorcycle near us. "Are you guys alright?" She asked, "Has anyone been hurt here?"

"Officer Jenny," Ash said with a smile. Officer Jenny looked at us in confusion, "Huh? Have we met before? You're face doesn't look familiar."

"We met back in Viridian City, remember?" Ash asked. I sighed and shook my head. Officer Jenny smiled, "Oh, you mean one of the other Jennys. My cousin."

"Cousin?" Ash repeated. "Forgot we already met two others?" I whispered to him. "Oh..." He trailed off. "My cousins are all police officers. All of us look identical, plus, we all name Jenny." She pulled out something from her pocket and showed us a picture of many Officer Jennys, the only different was the sign on the hats.

"Talk about family resemblance," Ash commented. Misty looked at us, "At least they all remember their names."

After introducing ourselves, Officer Jenny took us to the police station. "That Pokémon gang calls itselvs 'the Squirtle Squad'," She told us. "Squirtle Squad?" Ash asked. "I've never heard of Pokémon gang," Misty said. "You'd be surprised," I said.

"They all Squirtles who deserted by their Pokémon trainers," Officer Jenny informed us sadly. "Deserted?" Ash asked sadly. "They don't have a trainer, so they just run wild and play tricks on the all town," Officer Jenny said, "It's really kinda sad, because if they had somebody to care about them, they wouldn't turn out to be bad as they are. It's a real shame."