Chapter 46 - Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon

As we were walking on the path through an area called 'Grampa Canyon', we slowed to a stop when we spotted a large group of people walking with picks and shovels. "Hey, what's going on down there?" Ash asked.

"They carrying pickaxes and shovels," I pointed out. "Well, looky here," a familiar voice said behind us and we turned around to see Gary. "Gary?" I asked and noticed he was holding a pickaxe. He smirked, "Emma, first time been late."

"Late for what?" I asked. "Why are you dressed like that?" Ash asked, pointing at Gary's outfit. Gary scoffed, "Ha, don't tell me you never heard of the Pokémon discovery, even a nerd like you should of heard about the great Fossil Rush."

"The great Fossil Rush?" my friends asked together. "Oh..." I trailed off as I rubbed the back of my head. "I gotta go, I got to find the Fossils quick," Gary said and looked at me, "Hey, Emma, want to join?"

"Uh, I guess we all could," I said and looked at my friends. "I'll see you later then," Gary said and looked at Ash with a smirk, "See you, loser." He looked back at me, "Later, Em." He walked past me and my friends and started to follow the group.

"Uh, bye," I said. I looked at my friends and saw Ash was glaring after Gary. "That--" Ash started to shout as he stepped forward. Brock and Misty grabbed him and pulled him back. "Ash!" Misty said before they let him go.

I looked back to the group with a sigh, "It will be cool to find a Fossil." Ash suddenly stepped closer to my face, making me step back, "I'm going to find a Pokémon Fossil before Gary will even starts digging!"

"Um... okay?" I asked in confusion. Brock crossed his arms over his chest, "I don't feel right about digging up old Pokémon Fossils, especially after they been resting in the earth for such a long time."

"Yeah, I guess so," I muttered. "I'm still going to beat Gary, I have to," Ash said. I frowned in confusion and noticed Misty was smirking as she crossed her arms over her chest. Ash turned around and started to follow the group. "Hey, wait for us," Brock said and we followed.

We walked to the other side of the area, and found a large area of the canyon where many people were digging. "Wow, look at all the people digging," Ash said as I looked around for Gary. "Pika," his Pikachu said. "Where's Gary?" I asked. Ash looked at me with an annoyed expression, "Why are you looking for him?"

"Why not? he's a friend," I said. "Pika," my Pikachu agreed. "He changed a bit, but still," I said. Misty pointed to the side below, "There he is." I followed her gaze and saw Gary digging, "I wonder if he found something already."

"No way," Ash said in annoyance. "We better start digging before all the Fossils are dug up," Misty said. "All those people digging, but no one found any Fossils yet," Brock said, "I'm starting to wonder if this great Fossil Rush is really for real."

"Sure it is," Ash said as I tilted my head. "I don't know about this either," I agreed with Brock. "What's taking those two so long?" a familiar voice asked and we looked to our side, not far from us on the next cliff was Meowth from Team Rocket.

He had his arms crossed over his chest, "Humans, the only thing you can depend on is that they are always undependable." Jessie and James popped up from a rock, "Ta-da!"

"Prepare for trouble!"

"Yes, and make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unite all people's within our nation."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

"To extended our reaches to the stars above."