Chapter 26 - Bye Bye Butterfree

On the way to Saffron City for Ash's next Gym battle, me and my friends were taking a break with all our Pokémon. Some were playing in the water, while some were just laying around while resting.

Brock was looking at the map as we all were sitting down on the soft grass. He stood up and looked behind him before looking back at the map, "The map says that this rode leads right to Saffron City."

Ash grinned, "And to our next challenge in the Saffron Gym!" He stood up in excitement, "Yeah!" He suddenly looked confused, "What are those?" We followed his gaze up to the cliff to see sparks in the sky. "They look like Butterfree," I said as Misty and I stood up.

"The Butterfree celebrating their season of love," Brock said. "Love?" Ash and Misty asked. "Yeah," Brock said. "The season of love is when the Butterfree lay their eggs," I explained, "The Butterfree finds a mate, and then they lay their eggs a cross the sea."

"A cross the sea?" Ash asked. "Yeah," I answered. "How cute!" Misty said. Ash looked from me to Brock, "You mean, my Butterfree goes, too?"

"If you won't let him cross the sea, he will never have babies," Brock said. Ash was taken back, and so did all of his Pokémon, except Butterfree, "Babies?!"

Me, my friends and all the Pokémon looked at Butterfree, who was sitting on top of Scyther's head. "Oh, come on, Brock, why would you say something like that?" I asked before looking at Ash, "It's just... if you won't let Butterfree go, he's going to have to wait for next year."

Ash looked worried and he started to panic, "We can't wait for a whole year for this! We have to act fast!" He grabbed my shoulders, "What do we do? What do we do?" Brock suddenly had an idea, "I got it!"

...................

After getting all of our Pokémon back to their Poké balls, Brock had leaded us off to rent a air balloon. We were all standing inside as Misty looked at Brock, "I'm surprised there's a hot air balloon for rent out here."

"We'll probably see a lot of other air balloon, once we'll get up into the air," Brock said. "What are we waiting for?" I asked in excitement, "Let's hit it!" Brock chuckled, "Hold on tight."

Brock turned on the fire, making the balloon lift up. As we got higher and higher into the air, I smiled in amazement as I watched the sparking water and the green forest. Ash chuckled, "What a view!"

"So cool!" I said. "Pika-chu!" Mine and Ash's Pikachu called and we followed their gazes to see the Butterfree flying around. "Look, there they are!" Misty said. "Let's go," Brock said before he lowered the air balloon behind the Butterfree so we won't interrupt any of them as they were finding a mate.

"Look at that," I said with a smile. "Okay, Ash," Brock said. "Right," Ash said as he pulled out Butterfree's Poké ball and threw it, "Butterfree, go!" Butterfree was released and after seeing all the other Butterfree, he turned to us. "Go out there and find your mate," Ash said with a smile. "Good luck, Butterfree," Misty said. "You can do it!" I said.

Butterfree nodded before flying off into the herd, looking around to a mate. But each time, Butterfree appeared next to one, they just turn they heads away, and Butterfree continued on. "Huh?" Ash asked. "Maybe none of those Butterfree are his type," Brock said.

"What do you mean by his type, Brock? The Butterfree are all look exactly the same to me," Misty said. "Some must fly better than other, or maybe they have a slightly different patterns, I guess," Brock said.

We suddenly all heard Poké balls from behind us and looked over to see more hot air balloons were flying behind us. "Look at all the balloons," Misty said as trainers released their own Butterfree. "They all Butterfree trainers," Brock said, "They come this time, every year to release their Butterfree."