Chapter 20 - Battle Aboard the St. Anne

After leaving Vermilion City and staying out for at least two days, me and my friends were walking down to a city toward a huge bridge above the blue sparkling water. Both mine and Ash's Pikachu were sitting on top of our heads as we were crossing the bridge. I hold up Ash's new Thunder Badge with a smile, "Very impressive."

I handed the badge to Ash, who grinned at it. Finally reaching to the end of the bridge, we saw beautiful cruise ships on the ocean, having passengers board the ships.

"Wow," Ash said. "Amazing," I said. "Beautiful," Misty said. "Man, I'd love to cross the ocean on a ship like this," Ash said. "Yeah, just think of all the Pokémon we'll be able to see along the way," Brock said and I grinned, "I would love that."

"Now for sure," Misty said, "Just imagine, sunbathing on the deck all day. Just imagine, nice long, relaxing cross." I grinned before Brock stepped closer, "We can never afford a cross like that."

We all looked at the ships in disappointment before starting to walk away. "Reality can really bang you out," Ash said. Two tanned high school girls suddenly jumped over to stand in front of us, making us jump slightly backward as they smiled, "Congratulations!" They both said together, "You guys are waaay lucky! You can go on a deluxe sea cruise!"

"A sea cruise?" Me and my friends asked at the same time. The girl with the long hair got right into my face, which made me really uncomfortable and step back as she spoke, "Well, it's like you know, we have these incredible super cool tickets for you."

"Cooool," the girl with the short hair squealed. The long hair girl held up four tickets, "Cool, huh?" We looked closer to see four tickets with the name St. Anne. "What?" Misty asked.

"Those are tickets for the biggest party aboard on St. Anne set cruise liner," the long hair girl said. "The famous St. Anne?" Ash asked. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed.

"The coolest ship on the sea. Everyone's going to be together and, like, have the coolest party," the long hair girl said. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed. "And the party is just for Pokémon trainers only," the long hair girl said. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed.

They both pointed to the other way. "Step this way! It will be a radical party. All of the most radical Pokémon trainers will be there," the long hair girl said. Ash moved closer to me and asked quietly, "Do you know anybody who says 'radical' anymore?"

"Nope," I answered as I shook my head. "Okay, dudes, here's your tickets," the long hair girl said as she held the four tickets to me. Brock, Misty and Ash hesitated just like I did and the three of them looked at me as if waiting for me to say something. "We'd love to go on the Pokémon trainer cruise, but we really don't have the money to pay for it," I said.

"Oh, whoa, like, you don't understand," the long hair girl said. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed. "They are totally free," the long hair girl said. "Huh?" Ash asked. "Totally free. Tot.ally. free," the long hair girl said. Ash grinned, "For free?" I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you giving them away?"

"Like, we have to go out with our boyfriends, but we want to give the tickets to Pokémon fans," the long hair girl said. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed. "We saw you, and thought you look really cool," the long hair girl said, "and your both your Pikachu are looking super cuties. Just take this and have a really cool time." I took the tickets, "Thanks."

"No problem," the long hair girl said. "Coool," the short hair girl squealed. "Have a nice day for sure," the long hair girls said before she and the short hair girl ran away skipping.

I looked at the tickets as my friends looked closer to it as well. "All right, this really is cool, isn't it?" Ash asked. "It was a bit weird, but, sure why not," I said, shrugging, "Let's go find the ship. Which way they pointed?"