Chapter 58 - Clefairy Tales

Emma and her friends were in a town, sitting outside an Ice cream shop. The kids and the Pokémon were eating ice cream together. "I'm so glad we stopped for ice cream," Misty said.

Togepi looked at Ash's ice cream and tried to reach to it, suddenly wanting the strawberry chocolate he was eating instead of Emma's vanilla ice cream, "Togy, Togy, Togy." Ash looked at the Egg Pokémon and hold out his ice cream, "Want to try some of mine?"

"Togy," Togepi answered with a smile and licked the ice cream. "Do you like it?" Ash asked. "Togy," the Egg Pokémon said. Emma smiled before spotting a Clefairy bouncing over. It looked at them with a smile, "Clefairy."

"Clefairy?" Emma asked, blinking. Brock stood up with a smile, "I can't believe a Clefairy would just walk right up to us like this," he said. "How cute!" Misty said, "Hey, maybe I can capture it with this ice cream as bait."

"Fairy?" it asked before bouncing away. Misty stood up as she grabbed one of her Poké balls, "Huh? Wait Clefairy. I can't let this one get away!" She ran after it as Emma and Ash stood up. "Misty, hold on!" Emma called as Ash moved his ice cream away, forgetting that Togepi was licking the ice cream.

"Togy, Togy," the Egg Pokémon said as it tried to get to the ice cream again. "Come on guys," Ash said. Emma took Togepi into her arms, and she, along with the Pikachu and the boys ran after Misty, none of them knew that their backpacks and ice cream were about to be taken.

...................

The kids were walking back toward their table after finding Misty. "I don't know how that Clefairy got away from me," the redhead girl said. "They maybe small but they tricky," Brock said.

"I'm sure there will be another chance for you to catch a Clefairy," Emma said. Ash shrugged, "Maybe it likes chocolate ice cream." Misty sighed, "Very funny."

Brock looked at their table and gasped. "What's the matter, Brock?" Ash asked. "I left my backpack here and it's gone," Brock said. The three younger kids looked to where their backpacks were. "Hey, mine's gone too!" Emma said. "So is mine!" Ash said.

"Yeah, mine too," Misty said. "Hey, the ice cream disappeared too," Ash said. "Togy," the Egg Pokémon said. "We should report it to Officer Jenny," Brock said.

The kids ran to the police station but to their surprise, there was a huge crowd of people there, reporting that some of their things were stolen too. "Guess we're not the only ones who got robbed," Ash said.

"Who could have done it?" Emma asked as she frowned. "Aliens," a man spoke and the kids turned to see a man with a lab coat looking at them. "Who are you?" Ash asked.

"Someone who uncovers the truth," he said, "Because the powers that don't want you to know of Earth visitors from outer space, but if you'll look to the sky and to me, Oswald!"

The kids stared at him. "How do those guys find us?" Ash muttered. "Pika," his Pikachu said. Officer Jenny stepped toward them, "Did you four lose something too?"

"Yes, Officer Jenny," Brock answered. "Listen to me!" the man Oswald said, and everyone turned to him, "All those strange robberies point directly to visitors from another planet."

"You mean 'Aliens'?" Ash asked. "That's right," Oswald said. "That's silly," Misty said, "Everyone knows that UFO doesn't exist."

"But I have a positive evidence," Oswald said and pulled out a book. He opened it, "Here, take a look at this." Ash took it and looked at a page. "You see?" Oswald asked, "That book is full of photos and eyewitnesses interviews and other proofs."

A chef stepped closer and looked at a picture before pointing at it, "Hey, I have seen this thing someplace," he said. Oswald looked at him, "Where?! Out with it, man! when did you seen this spacecraft? And what speed was it moving?"