Chapter 30 - Primeape Goes Bananas

As me and my friends were heading to Celadon City, we had camped for a night and decided after eating breakfast we'll head out. Ash had decided to make a call to Professor Oak after we found a telephone booth, while Misty, Brock, me and both our Pikachu were eating doughnuts.

As I was eating, Ash walked back over, and I noticed he looked upset. "What's wrong, Ash?" I asked. "I just heard Gary has five Badges," Ash said. I sighed, "Professor sure knows what to say sometimes, doesn't he?"

"Pika, Pika," my Pikachu agreed. "He's upset because he's falling behind," Misty said. "The next town we go to is Celadon City, isn't there supposed to be a Gym in there?" Ash asked as he looked from me to Brock. "There sure is," Brock answered and pointed to our right, "All we got to do is follow this road. Celadon City is only a day of walk from here. Even less if we keep up a fast pace."

Ash stared at the road before becoming determinant, "There's no way those guys going to win." I tilted my head and looked at Misty as she spoke to me with a smirk, "You didn't say what you think of Gary getting five Badges, Em. You must be proud of your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?!" I repeated, feeling my cheeks heating up. Misty smirked and nodded, "Mmm." Ash looked at us in annoyance, "Stop talking about Gary!" Misty smirked at him, "You know, I don't know what makes you jealous anymore."

"Huh?" I asked before leaning back when Ash reached up the rock to get Misty, which she pulled herself up and away from his grip as she chuckled. "I see now," Brock said and I looked at him to see him nodding with a small smile.

"See what?" I asked with a frown. "Nothing!" Ash said, "Ignore them." I raised an eyebrow before we all looked to the bushes when we heard noises coming from it.

A small Fighting-type Pokémon named Mankey popped its head out from the bushes. "Oh, Mankey," I said with a smile and Ash pulled out his Dexter, pointing it at Mankey.

Mankey, a Pig Monkey Pokémon of the Fighting-type. Known for its superior footwork, it packs a powerful punch.

Mankey walked closer to Brock, who was holding the doughnuts. "Hey, maybe it wants a doughnut?" Brock asked before holding one of the doughnuts to Mankey. Mankey sniffed it as my Pikachu walked closer to it. Mankey looked at her, and she continued to eat her doughnut, showing it that it was good. Mankey sniffed the doughnut again before taking it and running to a rock not far from us, jumping up and starting to eat the doughnut.

"I think it likes it," Ash said before taking out a Poké ball, making me freeze. "A Fighting Pokémon, that will really help me in battle." I got up, "Wait, don't tell me you gonna catch it now."

"Of course I will," Ash said. "No! Wait!" I said but it was too late and he threw the Poké ball toward Mankey, "Mankey, you're mine!" Mankey sensed it and threw the doughnut at the Poké ball, putting it inside.

The Poké ball fall backward into Ash's hands, opening it to show the doughnut inside. "Ash! You shouldn't have done it!" I said and he looked at me nervously, "W--Why?"

I looked at Mankey as it jumped from the rock, standing in a fight mood, looking angry at us. I pointed at it, "That's why!" My friends looked at Mankey and stepped back. "Now what?" Ash asked. "Even if Mankey is usually calm, it can sometimes have a bad temper!" I said, "This is Mankey's Thrash."

"H--How do we stop it?" Misty asked. "You can't, run for it!" I shouted as I grabbed my backpack and took off with my Pikachu, and my friends quickly followed as they screamed.

"You should have let it finish that doughnut, Ash! Didn't your mother teach you manners?!" Misty yelled. "She never mention Mankey," Ash said. "I shouldn't have made them taste so good!" Brock said. "Brock, throw a doughnut at it!" I said, "Maybe it will stop it!"