Chapter 23 - Beauty and The Beach

In the Porta Vista's Pokémon Center, I was calling to my family. Hanna appeared on the screen, "Hello?"

I smiled, "Hey, Hanna." My Pikachu sat on my shoulder and smiled, "Pika, Pika!" Hanna gasped happily, "Miss Emma! You're alright!" I blinked, "Uh... yeah, why?"

Hanna quickly looked to the side, "It's Miss Emma!" Right after she said that, my parents and brothers, along with Jeffery, ran closer and appeared on the screen.

"Emma!" Mom and Dad said. "Are you okay?" Danny asked. "Yeah, but what's going on?" I asked in confusion, "What happened?"

"You tell us, young lady," Mom scolded. "We were told about St. Anne," Dad said, "They said you and your friends were there when it sunk." I blinked and chuckled nervously, "Yeah... I--I was, but me and my friends are all right."

"Young lady, when you get back home, we gonna have a serious talk," Mom scolded, "And once we'll meet your friends, I'll have a serious talk with them, too! Do you have any idea how worried we were?!"

"I'm sorry," I said. "Pikachu," Pikachu said. "This won't help you this time," Mom said. "Mom, calm down," Ryan said. "Don't tell me to 'calm down'," Mom scolded, making him and Danny step back, "Your sister and her friends gets stuck in one of your grandparents' ships in the bottom of the middle of the ocean, gets out and doesn't even bother to send a message to tell us they are all right!"

"Honey, they are all safe and sound," Dad said. Mom placed her hands on her hips, "I'll be having a talk with my mother." She looked at me, "No more ships!" I blinked, "But--"

"No 'buts'," Mom said before they all looked over me in confusion. "Who's that behind you?" Danny asked. "Mmm?" I hummed and Pikachu and I looked over and froze when we saw Misty looking over my shoulder at the screen in shock.

"Misty?!" I asked. "Pika?!" Pikachu asked. "No way! Are those..." Misty trailed off. I looked from her to the screen and sighed, "Oh well..." I looked at Misty, "Misty, that's my family." She gasped, "The Pierce family?!"

"Yeah, those are my parents, my brothers, Hanna, the cook and Jeffery, the butler," I answered and looked at my family, "Uh, this is Misty, she's one of my best friends." My family smiled at her. "Hello, Misty, it's nice to meet you," Dad said.

"It's an honor to meet you all," Misty said with a smile as she clapped her hands together. "So glad to finally meet one of my daughter's friends she's traveling with," Mom said. "Please take a good care of her, Miss," Jeffery said. Misty chuckled, "I think she is taking care of us more."

Mom placed her hands on her hips as she let her smile fad away, "Now, I have to go talk with my mother, so..." She looked at Misty with a smile, "Misty, it was great to meet you, hope to meet you again." She looked at me and scolded, "And, you, young lady, when you reach to the next city, you call and let us know you are safe, do you understand?" I blinked, "Yeah..."

"Good," She said as she smiled softly, "Bye, honey." With that, she walked away from the screen. Dad sighed while Danny and Ryan exchanged a look. "I just had a flashback," Danny said and Ryan scoffed.

Dad looked at me and Misty, "Okay, girls, have fun but make sure to let us know you okay when you get to the next town." I smiled, "Got it, Dad, see you guys later." Misty waved, "It was great to meet you all, have a great day."

"You too," Ryan said. "Pika, Pika!" My Pikachu said as she waved. "Bye," Dad, Ryan, Danny, Jeffery and Hanna said together before the screen turned black.