Chapter 72 - A Friend In Deed

A little later after Ash's victory and getting the Pokémon Ash used treated in the Pokémon Center, Emma and her friends were now in their cabin, in their shared room. "You know, I'm kinda hungry," Misty said. "Me too," Emma agreed. "We should go out and have a big meal to celebrate Ash's big victory," Brock said.

"I'm in!" Ash said with a grin. "Togy, Togy!" the Egg Pokémon said, jumping up and down. The four friends grabbed their backpack and walked out to head downstairs. At the front door, they met up with Delia and Professor Oak. "Mom, Professor Oak," Ash said.

"We were just about to go out to eat," Emma said. "Wonderful, I wanted to make Ash's favorite meal," Delia said. "Really?" Ash asked with a smile but then frowned, "But where?" Delia smiled, "Leave that to me."

She took the kids and Professor Oak to a restaurant, which she then went into the kitchen herself and started to make the meal herself instead of the restaurant cooks, who merely looked at her in confusion.

Emma, her friends and Professor Oak just stared at her. "This is... unusual," Emma said. "Our customers don't come here to cook," the chef said. Delia smiled, "Well, maybe they should try it. Ash, lunch almost ready."

"Can't wait," Ash muttered, slightly embarrassed. "This should be very good or very bad," Misty muttered with a sigh. After a few minutes, the group were sitting on a table, with delicious looking food. "Wow!" Emma said.

"Well, how does it look?" Delia asked with a smile. "It looks great!" Emma and her friends answered together, which the Pikachu and Togepi agreed, and they all started to dig in. "You know Ash, if you win the next battle, you then be allowed to use up to six Pokémon for match," Professor Oak explained, "Have you decided which Pokémon you choose?"

"Mmm. I thought I'll wait to see who I'm up against first, then I'll decide," Ash said. "Tomorrow it will be decided who everybody battles," Brock said. Professor Oak nodded and looked back at Ash, "Don't forget to let me know if you need anymore Pokémon. Just call me and I'll transport them to you right away." Ash smiled, "Thanks Professor."

...................

After lunch, the group was heading out to the hallway. Just when Ash stepped around the corner first, a little girl that was running bumped into him and she fell back on the floor. "Oh! Are you okay?" Ash asked and helped her up into her feet. "Pika-chu?" the male Pikachu asked her if she was okay too.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," the little girl said. "Lisa!" a boy that around Emma, Ash and Misty's age ran closer, "Are you okay?" He looked at Ash, "Sorry about my sister." Lisa looked up at the female and male Pikachu with excitement as Ash and his friends smiled at the boy. "No worries," Ash said.

"Ritchie, look! They have Pikachu!" Lisa said with a big smile as she pointed up at the two mouses, "Can I please pet them?" Ash and Emma smiled at her. "Sure," Emma said. "Yeah, go on," Ash said as the Pikachu jumped to the floor as they smiled. Lisa kneeled down and petted them on the heads.

Ash looked at Ritchie, "The name's Ash, and those are my friends, Emma, Misty and Brock, my Mom, Delia, and this is Professor Oak," he said. "I'm Ritchie, and this is my little sister, Lisa," Ritchie said. Lisa stood up as she looked up at them, "Are you all going to have lunch?"

"We just finished eating," Misty said with a smile. "Oh, that's too bad, then I could have played with the Pikachu a little," Lisa said, pouting sadly. Ash chuckled, "Maybe we'll see you two around, and then you'll have the chance to do that," he said. Lisa smiled, "Yayy."

Ritchie chuckled, "Come on, Lis, let's grab something to eat," he said before looking at them, "Hope we get to see you guys again, bye." Ash nodded, "See ya." Ritchie took his sister's hand and leaded her past them as the little girl waved, "Bye-bye." The group started to walk away as Misty comment, "Aw, she's so cute."