Chapter 44 - The Problem with Paras

As we were walking in the woods, we came across a very small village. "It so cute," Misty said. I looked at the map, "It's called... Mossgreen Village."

"It's no use in stopping here if they don't have a Pokémon Gym," Ash said. "We don't have any choice," Brock spoke and held up our bag of Potions and Antidotes, "We have a big problem."

"Yeah, the bag is empty so we have to stop here and get some Potions and Antidotes," I said. "May as well grab something to eat too," Misty said. Ash grinned, "I'm dying for some cheeseburger." Misty glared at him, "No way, I want to eat in a nice restaurant."

"Cheeseburger are nice!"

"Are not!"

"Are to!"

I stood between them, "Will you cut it out?!" I snapped. Brock sighed, "Come on, let's go," He said. "Fine with me," Misty said and they both started to walk away. Ash growled and looked away in annoyance. I sighed and started to follow Misty and Brock, "Come on, Ash. Let's go, Pikachu." Ash and the Pikachu followed.

"So, where can we get some medicine?" Misty asked. "There's a herbal shop in the end of the village," I answered as I looked back at the map. The village really was small, there weren't a lot of people around.

We got to the shop in a few minutes, which was looking like a small house than a shop. "Hello?" Ash called as we walked in. The place was dark and seemed to be empty, but we spotted an old woman sitting in the end of the shop, grinding herbs.

"Excuse me," Ash said. "We'd like to buy some Potions and Antidotes," Misty said. The woman stopped and chuckled before looking at us, "Got some snake root that will cure insomnia and grow hair on your nose and tongue."

"'Grow hair on your nose and tongue'?!" Misty asked as we all took a step back. "Uh, does it come with a no hair formula?" Brock asked. "Grandma!" we looked over to the other side of Misty to see a girl that looked to be in Brock's age, looking at the old woman. "I've asked you before not to frighten the customers."

"I didn't mean to scare anyone," the old woman said. "I know, but we're here to help trainers with our miracle Potions, not scare them away," the girl said. Brock suddenly pushed me, Ash and Misty away, "My name is Brock, are you the owner of this Pokémon pharmacy?"

"Yes, with my grandma," the girl said. Me, Ash and Misty exchanged a look before looking at Brock in annoyance. "I'm interested in Pokémon Potions, if you're not doing anything tonight, maybe we could have dinner together and talk about them," Brock said.

The girl looked at all of us and smiled, "Are all four of you Pokémon trainers?" she asked. "Uh, well--" Brock started. "Instead of dinner, how about a Pokémon battle?" the girl asked. Ash suddenly pushed Brock out of the way with a grin, "Okay! You can battle with me," He said. "That's great, we can battle out in the back," the girl said, "My name is Cassandra. This is my grandma, Lacy."

"My name is Ash, this is my Pikachu," Ash said and pointed at his Pikachu on his shoulder. "I'm Misty," Misty said. "Hey, I'm Emma, and this is my partner, Pikachu," I said and pointed at my Pikachu on my shoulder. I looked over at a sad Brock, "You've met Brock."

"Let's go, shall we?" Cassandra asked. "Yeah," Ash agreed, and we followed her out. "Come on, Brock," I heard Misty saying behind me and I looked over to see her grabbing Brock by the shirt and dragging him after us.

We walked to the backyard and Cassandra pulled out a Poké ball. The Poké ball opened and a Paras was released. "This Paras will be your opponent," Cassandra said. "Uh, a Paras?" Ash asked and pulled out his Dexter.

Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon. Rare mushrooms grow on its back.

My Pikachu jumped off of my shoulder and walked closer to Paras. "Pika-chu," she said and held her paw out, but Paras quickly backed away in fear and hid behind Cassandra.