Chapter 11 - Showdown in Pewter City

We were walking for a little while after saying goodbye to the samurai boy, after he showed us the right way out and toward Pewter City. Ash smiled and rushed forward, gasping forward at the city.

"Pewter City," I said with a smile and stretched my arms. Ash sighed in relief, "For a while there, I thought we'll never get out of that forest."

"Chu," His Pikachu said, sitting down. "Pikachu, Pi," My Pikachu said, sitting down beside Ash's Pikachu. "Pewter City is famous for stones. It's all around here," I told them.

"Were you here before?" Misty asked. "Yeah, with my family," I answered. "It's been a while but still, it doesn't look like it changed." I looked at both of mine and Ash's Pikachu, "We should go to the Pokémon Center. Those two look worn out."

Ash stood up, "Alright! Let's go!" He started to walk but Misty grabbed his backpack, pulling him slightly back. "Ash, do you know where the Pokémon Center is?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Uh," Ash said, and looked at me, laughing nervously as he rubbed the back of his head.

I chuckled and shook my head, "Follow me." I started to walk and the others followed. After a few minutes of walking through the city, we arrived at the Pokémon Center. Ash and I handed Nurse Joy our Pokémon before she nodded her head to the side, "Have you seen that poster?" She asked before walking away with our Pokémon.

Ash, Misty and I turned around and faced a poster on the wall; Pokémon League Championship

"Alright," Ash said with determination. "Hold it, Ash," I said. "Don't go getting too excited too soon." Ash frowned, "Why not?"

"Before you can even enter the Pokémon league, you need to battle different gym leaders and earn badges as proof," I explained. Misty smiled, "You know a lot about it it's seem. How come?"

I hesitated, "Um... you know, just--there a lot of people know this stuff. I'm just so happen to know too."

Luckily for me Misty and Ash seem to believe it. I sighed quietly under my breath after they turned back to the poster. I couldn't tell them that my family is full of Legendary top trainers, Pokémon Breeders and famous Researchers. I still don't know that much about Misty and Ash, so it's better leave my fully famous family out of conversations for now.

"Can you do that, Ash?" Misty asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Of course I can," Ash said. "Then I guess you're gonna go up against Brock," I spoke my thoughts loudly.

"Who's Brock?" Ash asked. "He's the gym leader here in Pewter City," I answered and frowned, "Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure. Once Pikachu and my other Pokémon are healed, I'll go there and I'll beat him," Ash said. "Okay..." I trailed off, sharing a look with Misty.

While our Pokémon was busy healing, Ash, Misty and I decided to grab something to eat while waiting. "Ash, are you sure for 100% you wanna go through with this?" I asked.

"Of course I am," Ash said. I tilted my head, "Then, how about Misty and I will help you--"

"I can do this on my own," He cut me off with a mouth full of food. "I don't need anyone's help." I raised an eyebrow, slightly hurt by his words but I tried not to show it.

"Ash," Misty scolded angrily. "Mm?" Ash hummed, stopping eating. I cleared my throat and sighed as I got up, "Tell you want, you two go to the gym and after that tell me if you won." Before Ash or Misty could say anything, I turned around and walked away.

I headed back to Nurse Joy at the counter, "Nurse Joy, are my Pokémon ready?" She smiled at me, "I'll go check up on them right now." I smiled and she walked away. After a minute or two she came back with my two Poké balls and Pikachu.