Chapter 37 - Dig Those Diglett!

As we were walking in the road through the forest to Ash's next Gym battle, I looked around in confusion, "So... where is Fuchsia Gym?" I asked. "Over the mountain," Brock answered as we stopped.

"Over which mountain?" Misty asked. Brock pulled out the map, "The map says the Fuchsia Gym is on the other side of one of these mountains right over there. Is it this way? Or that way? Or maybe it's that way. Oh, great, we're surrounded by mountains on every side!"

I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. "Uh, don't tell me we lost again," Misty said. "Okay... I won't tell you," Brock said as I took the map. "Give me that," I said and looked at the map closely, "Wait, it looks like there's a road in here."

"Well, let's hit it," Ash said. "This stays with me," I said as I waved the map before we started to walk down the road. Suddenly, there was a noise of large explosion, which caused us all to shout and duck down.

Once the noise stopped, we looked up to where we thought it was coming from. "I wonder what was that about," Misty said as we stood up. We heard another explosion and looked to where it was coming from. "It's over there," Ash said and we ran up the mountain, and stopped at the edge of a small cliff when we saw trucks driving past us on a road, toward a construction site and saw a rock fell from the edge of a cliff. Holes appeared from the ground, making the trucks stop and some flipped over.

"What a wreck," Misty said. "This is terrible!" Brock said before we ran down the cliff and ran toward the trucks. A man walked out of one of the trucks and kneeled down, hitting the ground, "I just can't take it anymore!"

"Are you all right?" Ash asked. "It's the Diglett! They destroying everything!" the man said. "The Diglett?" I asked and he pointed to the side in anger, "See? They are right over there!"

We looked to where he was opening, and found a few Diglett in the ground, popping up and down in the holes. "Aw, Diglett, they are cute," I said with a smile. I felt a presence behind me and glanced over nervously at the man, "You think they cute, do you?" he yelled and I quickly moved away. "Thanks to them, we can't finish building that dam!" He glared toward the Diglett, "I hate Diglett! I hate Diglett! I hate them!"

"Wow, he got some anger in him," I whispered to my friends. "Sure does," Misty agreed. Ash pulled out his Dexter, "Diglett..."

Diglett. The movement of these Ground Pokémon can be easily detected by their tracks of upturned earth.

"I don't see any upturned earth," I pointed out as I looked at the road. The man suddenly stepped closer to me, which made me yelp and step back, "That's because the ground here is covered by concrete but if you would look closely."

"They're underneath," Ash said. "It looks like a mini earthquake," Misty said. "And it looks like we'll never be able to accomplish our dream of building the great Gaiva Dam here in these mountains," the man said. "Gaiva Dam?" Ash repeated. The man pointed to the construction site, "Over there."

We looked over to the construction site, seeing workers there, and another rock felling down. "That explosion is part of building a dam?" Brock asked. "Yes! The blasting is part of building a dam!" the man shouted and turned to me again as he shouted, "But, we can't bring the supply! All because of the Diglett!"

"Why are you yelling in my face?!" I shouted back which caused him to step back. "Mmmhmm... that is a problem," Brock said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "We came out with special division for developing strategies to fight off the Diglett," the man said, "We're calling for any Pokémon trainer who's traveling through the area, someone with real Pokémon know how to get rid of these Diglett. The reward is a 6 nights and 7 days stay at the Giva hot springs resort."