Chapter 33 - Hypno's Naptime

As we were walking in a new city, we were looking around at the huge buildings around. "Geez, it's sort of feels like the buildings closing in on us," Ash said. "Yeah, they are all so tall, and you can hardly see the sky," Misty agreed. "Where are we, Brock?" I asked our friend, who was holding the map.

"Uh... HopHopHop Town," Brock answered. "HopHopHop? Is that really a name?" I asked. "Arnold!" a female voice called and we all looked forward to see a woman running toward us. "Arnold," she said with a smile and hugged a very surprised Ash. "Where have you been?" She asked, "Mother has been so worried."

Ash tried to pull away from her embrace, "Excuse me, but my name is Ash." The woman looked at him in confusion as Misty stepped in with a smile, "And my name is Misty, Ma'am." Brock handed me the map before grabbing Misty by her shoulders, "She wasn't talking to you."

"I guess not," Misty muttered. Brock pulled her to his side as the woman let go of Ash. "Oh! I'm so sorry," She said, "But you look so much like my Arnold."

"What happened to him, Ma'am?" I asked. "You don't know?" the woman asked. "We just got here," I answered, "We're traveling."

The woman had leaded us to the side of a mall, and we all sat down together as she explained. "I'm so upset, because my son, Arnold, just disappeared. He's been gone for three days," She said, "I can't find him anywhere."

"And you haven't heard from him?" Brock asked. "Not a word," the woman answered sadly. "Could he have gone to become a Pokémon trainer?" Ash suggested. "He did like Pokémon, of course, but he never mentioned anything about becoming a trainer," the woman said. "Don't you think he'll probably just come home soon?" Misty asked. The woman shook her head sadly, "My son isn't the only child that disappeared recently."

Me and my friends looked at her in shock. "He's not?" I asked. The woman looked to the side and we followed her gaze to a wall, where many posters of missing children were on. "See those posters?" the woman asked, "Those are pictures of all the children that disappeared."

"That many?" Misty asked. "This must be a pretty dangers town," Ash muttered next to me. Misty smiled as she placed her hands on her cheeks, "My pictures will be on posters, when I'll be a big famous star."

Ash, Brock and I looked at her in confusion, and Misty gave us a look. "Excuse me?!" She snapped. Ash smirked as he petted his Pikachu on the head, "Maybe in horror movies."

"Pika-chu," his Pikachu agreed. We heard a motorcycle by and looked over to see Officer Jenny stopping her motorcycle near the wall. She had a few posters on the motorcycle. She got off of her motorcycle and walked to the wall to put another poster on it. Ash stood up and ran toward her.

Misty and Brock followed. I looked at the woman, "We'll see if we can help with anything to find your son and the others." The woman smiled a small smile, "Thank you." I nodded and ran after my friends.

Brock pushed Ash away and stood in front of Officer Jenny, "It must be terrible to search for all those lost children." He took her hand, "I will be very happy to help you search."

"What?" Officer Jenny asked in confusion. "We can both work together hand in hand," Brock said. Officer Jenny gave him a look as she pulled her hand from his grip. I placed my hand on Brock's face before pushing him away.

I turned to Officer Jenny with a small smile, "Excuse my friend, Officer Jenny. My friends and I would like to help in the search for the kids," I said. "Well... just don't get in the way," Officer Jenny said. "You got it," I agreed.

...................

Me, my friends and Officer Jenny were walking down town. "All of the missing children disappeared exactly three days ago," Officer Jenny explained. "Three days ago?" Ash asked. "Besides that, did the missing children had anything else in common?" Brock asked.