Chapter 35 - The Punchy Pokémon

As we continued on our journey, walking down the road, we stopped when we saw an Hitmonchan in the middle of the road, punching the air. "Oh, wow, an Hitmonchan!" I said with a smile. "A wild one," Ash said. "So, that's one of the Fighting Pokémon I've heard about," Misty said. "That's one a real fighter," Brock said as Ash pulled out his Dexter.

Hitmonchan, a skilled Fighting Pokémon that packs an incredibly fast punch.

"Danny has one," I said as Ash put his Dexter back to his pocket. "All right, let's capture it," He said as he looked down at his Pikachu, "Ready, Pikachu?" The male mouse looked hesitated, "Pika? Chu."

"If you will defeat Hitmonchan, you'll become the world champion Pokémon," Ash said. His Pikachu stared at him, as if thinking about it, but suddenly he hid behind my leg, "Pika."

"You don't have to be afraid, I'll teach you my secret punch, and no one will be able to beat you," Ash assured. "Pika-chu?" his Pikachu asked, tilting his head. "You got to learn the basics first," Ash said as his Pikachu slowly walked closer to him. Ash kneeled down and held his hands up to fists, which Pikachu copied. "Keep your left up, and struck with your right."

"Uh... that's not normal," I said. "Since when did Ash become a Boxing expert?" Brock asked. "Beats me," Misty said as the three of us continued to watch Ash teaching his Pikachu. I sighed, "He doesn't know that it won't work. Pikachu doesn't have a chance against Hitmonchan."

Ash unzipped his backpack and pulled out small red boxing gloves, "I got those for you a few weeks ago." His Pikachu smiled, "Pika!" Ash put the boxing gloves on Pikachu's small hands, "All right. Are you ready?" Pikachu nodded, "Pi."

Ash stood up and both he and his Pikachu walked closer to Hitmonchan, who then noticed them. "Okay, Hitmonchan, ready for a match?" Ash asked. Hitmonchan looked down at Pikachu before waving his red boxing glove over, not interesting to fight the male mouse Pokémon.

"Hitmonchan, Pikachu is going to teach you a lesson. Pikachu, attack!" Ash said. His Pikachu ran closer, copping what Ash taught him, but Hitmonchan blocked him by placed his glove on his head.

"Make Pikachu stop, Ash, this isn't even a fight," Misty said. Ash ignored her, "Pikachu, give it the special Punch I taught you!" His Pikachu moved away from Hitmonchan in anger, "Pika! Pika!" Hitmonchan looked slightly startled by the glare. "Give it the Rocket Punch!" Ash said. Pikachu jumped toward Hitmonchan, hitting him in the face.

"Huh?" I asked. "Pika?" my Pikachu asked. "We did it!" Ash said. "They did?" Brock asked. "No way!" Misty said in shock, before we all saw that Hitmonchan rubbed his cheek as he looked down at the male mouse. He then placed his hands on his hips, "Chan!" he scolded as Ash's Pikachu looked startled, "Chu..."

"So much for the great Rocket Punch," Brock said. "How many times do I have to tell you?" a male voice asked and we saw a man walking closer behind Hitmonchan, looking at him, "Don't drop your guard. Keep your gloves up, Hitmonchan, 'cause fighting smart lest than fighting stupid." Hitmonchan nodded, "Chan."

"Now, go knock that pipsqueak out!" the man said and Hitmonchan nodded before looking at Pikachu. He used Agility and when he reach to Pikachu, he hit him with Mega Punch, knocking the male mouse Pokémon out. "Pikachu!" Ash called as he kneeled down and picked him up, "Are you okay?"

"Pika... Pika," his Pikachu said. "I declare Hitmonchan the winner!" the man said, "Congratulations! One, two, three, hooray!" He and Hitmonchan raised their fist up. Misty, Brock and I walked closer to Ash as we all looked at him. "I wonder who this guy is," Ash said. "Guess this Hitmonchan isn't wild," I stated.

"Daddy!" a young female voice called and we saw a young woman running closer, standing in front of me and my friends as she looked at the man, "Daddy, please come home."