Chapter 40 - Hello, Tyrogue

"Are we there yet?" Ash asked for the sixth time. "Or are we even close to the next town?" He asked as I studied the map. "Stop asking her every two minutes and let her figure it out," Misty defended me as she sat next to me on the rock. "Hey, you complaining more then me," Ash said.

"Am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"Am not!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

I looked up from the map in annoyance, "Quiet!" I snapped, making them look at me, "One more word and it's Time Out!" They exchanged a nervous look as I looked back at the map, ignoring Brock's amused look.

"Okay... I think if we'll go through this path..." I said and pointed behind Ash on a path, which my friends followed my finger, "We should get to the next town in a few hours."

"A few hours?" Misty asked sadly. "Works for me," Ash said. "Let's go then," Brock said as I stood up. "Come on," I said as I walked past my friends to lead. My Pikachu quickly followed and jumped up to my shoulder. "Emma, isn't there a shortcut?" Misty asked. "Nope," I said as I looked back at the map.

"Pi?" my Pikachu asked and I glanced over to her on my shoulder to see she was looking forward in confusion. We all stopped walking as we looked forward to see a Pokémon sitting in the middle of the path with its legs crossed.

It was a humanoid Pokémon with a predominantly pale purple body and brown hips and feet that resemble short pants and shoes. It has three blunt protrusions on top of its head, and circular sections on each side of its head that resemble protective padding. There are white bands resembling bandages on its torso and wrists. It has thin limbs, and its hands have three fingers each. It had a ripped blue neckerchief around its neck.

"What's that?" Misty asked. "Is that a Tyrogue?" I asked. Ash pulled out his Dexter, "Tyrogue?"

Tyrogue. No information available.

"No information?" Ash asked. "He can evolve to either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan," I said as Ash put his Dexter into his pocket. "By the looks of it, I think he's hungry," Brock said, "See him holding his stomach?"

"Let's see then," I said as I opened my backpack and pulled out Pokémon food. I walked closer to Tyrogue, and kneeled down as I held some food, "Hey there." Tyrogue opened his eyes and looked at me, "There you go, have some food."

Tyrogue didn't took the food and looked away. "Doesn't seem hungry then," Ash said behind me. "Pika," his Pikachu said. "Do you have anything else, Emma?" Misty asked. "I think so, let me see," I said as I placed my backpack down and opened it again.

Before I could reach inside, Tyrogue grabbed the food inside my backpack and ran away. "Hey!" We said. "You can't steal someone else's food!" Ash said as Tyrogue stopped to face us.

"Tyrogue!" he called as he looked up to the trees, and lots chestnuts were thrown on me and my friends from the trees. I saw that Tyrogue was running away, "Hey! Wait!" I tried to follow but suddenly a Mankey and Primeape fell down the trees and I stopped.

"A Primeape and a Mankey," Misty said as they ran away. "They must be Tyrogue's friends," Brock said. We saw Tyrouge handing the food to Primeape and all three of them climbed up the cliff. "Stop! Get back here!" I called but they ran away.

"Is everything okay?" a familiar female voice asked and we all looked to the side to see Nurse Joy with her Chansey. "Nurse Joy?" we asked.

...................