Chapter 8 - Emma's Beginning

"Emma, wake up." I groaned, rolling to the other side, "Five more minutes," I muttered. "And miss your first journey?" I opened my eyes and quickly sat up, looking at my older brother. He smirked, both our Pikachu on his shoulders, "Come on, sleepy head. It's time for you to go."

I grinned and looked at my Pikachu, who smiled at me, "Pikachu!" she hopped off Ryan's shoulder and into my arms. "Pikachu, it's time for us to go on our own journey," I said and she smiled, nodding.

I quickly got changed and went downstairs, "Morning!" I called with a smile. "Hey, look who it is," Danny said, smirking. "Ready for your first day to go?" I grinned and nodded, "I am!"

Mom and Dad smiled, "It will be so hard not seeing you everyday, but it's your decision and we respect that," Mom said. "Just promise to call every time you can," Dad said and I nodded, "Okay."

Scyther and Poliwhirl (Who evolved into from Poliwag. It evolved two week after Scyther joined us.) came over and Pikachu jumped off my shoulder and settled between the two Pokémon. "Are you guys ready?" I asked and they nodded as they cheered.

Hanna came over to us with my bag, "There you go, Miss Emma," She said with a smile. I took my bag and she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "Hanna, why are you crying?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," She said. Mom placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, "She just sad like all of us that you have to go on your journey," She replied. "Oh..." I muttered before sending Hanna a smile. "Don't worry. I promise I will call, and I will come back."

She nodded as Jeffery walked in, "Professor Oak and Mister Gary are here," He announced. "Great," Dad said. "Thank you Jeffery."

"What's up?" I asked them. "Well, since you going to start your journey you need to have some stuff," Danny said before we all walked to the living room. Gary smirked as he saw us, "Well, you ready for your journey?" He asked me. "You bet," I said, smirking.

Professor Oak smiled at me, "Your father asked me to give you a few things that would be necessary for your journey," He informed before holding out to me a small device, "This is a Pokédex, there you have your ID and the information on any Pokémon you want, only I know you don't really need it." I smiled as he gave a small laugh before I took it and hold it in front of Pikachu.

Pikachu, the mouse Pokémon and the evolved form of Pichu. Pikachu occasionally uses an electric shock to recharge a fellow Pikachu that is in a weakened state.

"Cool," I said. "Pika, Pikachu!" Pikachu said and hopped on my shoulder. I looked back at Professor Oak as he pulled out a small box, "This is your set of Poké Balls," He explained as he opened it and showed me a few Poké Balls. "When you have more then six Pokémon, the Pokémon you'll catch will transmitted to me. I'll make sure to handed it to your father."

"Okay," I said as I took the box. "Now remember, if you need anything just call," He said. "I will," I said. "Good luck, sis," Danny said, patting my back. "Thanks, I'll call when I get to a town," I promised.

"You better be," Ryan said, placing his hands on his hips. "Pikachu!" Ryan's Pikachu said, jumping on me. I hugged him as I giggled. "We'll miss you, too," I said. "Pikachu!" My Pikachu agreed.

They both jumped to the floor and put their tails on each other, shaking them as a goodbye. "You watch over her, okay?" Dad said to my Pikachu and she nodded, "Pikachu!"

Dad petted her on the head gently. "Are you ready for it?" Gary asked me. I smirked, "You bet!" My Pikachu jumped on my shoulder and hold out her paw, "Pikachu!"

...................................

It been four days since I said goodbye to everyone, I've met a few trainers and had battles with them and won every time with Pikachu, Scyther and Poliwhirl.