Chapter 31 - The Magikarp River

"How can we get lost this time? Celadon City was so close!" I said. "I think we went the wrong way," Brock said. "Thanks a lot Ash," Misty said sarcastically, "We shouldn't have run after you."

"That wasn't my fault!" Ash said. "Let's just go back and go on the second path," I said as I looked around the river, "This place looks familiar."

"Pika!" My Pikachu said with a smile as her ears moved. She sniffed around and ran away. "Hey, Pikachu! Where you going?" I asked before running after her. "Wait up, Em," Misty called as they followed me.

"Pika-chu!" my Pikachu called as she ran toward a couple. I stopped in shock while my Pikachu jumped into the woman's arms happily. "Hey, Pikachu! It's so nice to see you!" She said. "M--Mom?!" I asked, "Dad?!"

Mom and Dad looked at me and smiled. "Hey, kiddo," Dad said. I heard gasping from behind me and I looked over my shoulder at my friends. Ash and Brock were staring in shock at my parents while Misty, who had already seen them, just blinked in shock.

"Are those your friends?" Mom asked and I looked back at my parents. I nodded and sighed. "So much for keeping this as a secret," I muttered. "Um, hey, Mr. and Mrs. Pierce," Misty said. "Hey, Misty, it's good to see you again," Dad said. "Hold on!" Ash said after he recovered from his shock, before looking at me, "You said 'Mom and Dad'!"

"Yeah... they're my parents," I answered in hesitation. "What?!" Ash and Brock asked. "Alex and Alice Pierce?" Brock asked before they looked at my Mom and Dad.

Dad chuckled, "Yes. It's nice to meet you guys." He held out his hand for Ash to shake, "You must be Ash, right?" Ash quickly shook his hand, "Y--Yes, sir!" His Pikachu jumped to his shoulder and smiled, "Pika, Pika!"

"I'm--I'm Brock, it's an honor to meet you," Brock said as he and Mom shook hands. "Hello, Brock," Mom said. "Um... Mom? Dad? What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "We thought of going out for a picnic, just me and your mother," Dad answered, "It's been a while since we did that. We thought to come to do it where you befriended with Poliwhirl when he was a Poliwag."

"Oh, that's... great," I said as I glanced as I saw Ash and Brock staring at my parents with admiration. "So, what are you four doing here?" Mom asked. "Well, we're heading to Celadon City," Misty answered. Mom chuckled, "You on the wrong way, then."

"Tell us about that," Misty said as she chuckled. "How come you not excited?" Ash asked as he finally looked away from my parents. "I've already met them," Misty replied and frowned, "Will you stop drooling? No wonder Emma didn't say anything."

"Say, it's been a while, so why don't you and your friends join in, Emma?" Dad asked. "Stay for a picnic?" I asked as my friends smiled. "Of course," Mom said, "We can get to know your friends." Dad looked at Ash, "I've heard you were challenging Gym Leaders so you can compete in the Pokémon League Championship, is that right, Ash?"

"Yes, sir," Ash answered. "How many Badges how you earned?" Dad asked. Ash rubbed the back of his head with a nervous chuckle, "Um... well, four."

"That's good, you going to challenge the Celadon City Gym leader, right?" Dad asked. "Yes, and I'm going to win," Ash said with a grin. Dad chuckled, "That's the spirit."

"Looks like we'll need four more plates," Mom said with a chuckle. "I can help if you want," Brock said. "Thank you, Brock," Mom said. I watched them all and sighed. "There it goes... again," I muttered. Misty stood next to me and whispered, "You okay?" I shrugged and she gave the boys a look.

My Pikachu jumped over to my shoulder, "Pika." Dad looked at me again, "So, your mother said you have a new Pokémon." I nodded and pulled out Tentacool's Poké ball, "I caught a Tentacool."