Chapter 49 - Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden

After getting Togepi into the team, I have send Tentacruel to Professor Oak so he could give it to my family, before we left the town. Right now, my friends and I were walking through the woods, while Togepi was sleeping in my arms. "Pikachu," my Pikachu said while sitting on my shoulder, looking down at the Egg Pokémon.

"Looks like someone is really excited about Togepi been part of the family, huh?" I asked. "Pika," my female mouse agreed. Then, Togepi popped up from the shell, and yawned cutely. "Hello Togepi, slept good?" I asked. "Togy," it said with a smile.

"Excuse me!"

We all stopped and looked to the side to see a man walking closer. "Hey, kids, are you four Pokémon trainers?" he asked. "Uh, yes, we are," Brock answered. "Would any of you like to have a battle against me?" the man asked, "Not long ago I've caught a Pokémon and I would like to give it a shot to battle."

"I'll go for it," Ash said. "Thank you," the man said. "Well, we're in the middle of the clearing, so it's a great place to do the battle," I pointed out. The man pulled out a Poké ball as he and Ash moved away to make a battlefield.

The man threw the Poké ball, "Rhyhorn, I choose you!" Ash threw a Poké ball, "Bulbasaur, I choose you!" Both the Spikes Pokémon and the Seed Pokémon came out, facing each other.

Rhyhorn is a rhinoceros-like Pokémon with a body covered in gray, rocky plates. Its underside and rear are smooth, and it has four short legs with two claws on each foot. It has a triangular head with narrow, red eyes, two fangs protruding from its upper jaw, small, triangular openings on the upper sides, and a short horn on the tip of its snout.

"Cool, my Rhydon is the evolved form of Rhyhorn," I said as I pulled out my Dexter. "Togy," Togepi said and I held up my Dexter.

Rhyhorn, the Spikes Pokémon. It's covered in a tough armor, giving its Tackle attack an extraordinarily destructive power.

"Rhyhorn, Take Down!" the man called. Rhyhorn charged toward Bulbasaur with a very high speed, making the ground under us shake. "Bulbasaur, go, Leech Seed!" Ash ordered, but before Bulbasaur could attack, Rhyhorn, slammed into the Seed Pokémon. "Bulbasaur!" Ash called.

"Oh no!" Brock and I said together. Bulbasaur slowly stood up, and I noticed he had a mark on his forehead from the hit. Ash pulled out a Poké ball and held it forward, "Bulbasaur, return!" Bulbasaur jumped away from the red light, refusing to go back into his Poké ball. "What are you doing Bulbasaur? Return!" Ash said.

"He doesn't want to, he wants to stay to win," I said. "Rhyhorn, Take Down again!" the man called and Rhyhorn charged toward Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf!" Ash called. Razor-sharp leaves came out from under Bulbasaur's bulb and flew straight to the Spikes Pokémon, hitting it.

"Now, use Vine Whip!" Ash said. Two vines came out of the sides of Bulbasaur's bulb and hit Rhyhorn hard, making it fell backward. The man ran quickly over to kneel next to his Pokémon, "Rhyhorn!"

Ash grinned, "Alright!" he looked at Togepi in my arms, "What do you think about that, Togepi?" Togepi smiled, "Togy! Togy!" The man held his Poké ball, letting Rhyhorn return before he stood up and smiled at Ash, "You sure chop me down in sides, kid. Your Bulbasaur is sure is great!"

"Thanks, your Rhyhorn the same," Ash said. "Bulbasaur can never settle been second best, can he, Ash?" Brock asked. Ash looked behind the man with a smile, "That's the way to win, Bulbasaur." His smile faded away quickly and I looked over to see Bulbasaur was breathing heavily as he laid on the grass.

Ash ran closer with his Pikachu. "What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?" He asked worriedly. "Pikachu?" his Pikachu asked. Bulbasaur's bulb started to glow and we all walked closer. "Bulbasaur!" Ash said and took him into his arms. "There's a Pokémon Center near by," the man said and pointed to the direction, "Just head straight, you'll spot it."