-1-

"You're picking me up, right?" Amelia, my bestfriend asked through the phone. She was drunk, I can tell.

"Where are you?" I asked, chuckling a little.

"Wait...i'll take a picture of the club and send it to you" she mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"Ok cool, well don't leave me waiting forever" I sighed.

"I won't, promise"

And oh how she lied. Eventually, after I had a cigarette, I went into the club myself to look for my best friend.

Pushing through the crowds of drunk people annoyed me. I don't like this bar.'Tixx', the bar I work at is so much better than this place. I'll open a bar myself one day. School? Don't need it.

"Y/n! Why are you here?" Amelia asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Im picking you up, dumbass"

"Now?"

"You called like...forty five minutes ago. Yes, now" I spoke, grabbing her arm.

She gasped. "Ok ok. Its only midnight"

I shook my head, pulling her out of the club. "Hm yeah, and a school night. My mom is gonna freak out"

Amelia chuckled behind me, tripping over her own feet a couple of times before reaching my car.

"This is why its cool to live with your brother" Amelia chuckled.

"Hm...it'd be cool to live with my brother" I smiled. My brother, Eden, is the best. We've always been close, closer to each other than we are to our parents. Our dad works away from home and visits a few times a year, and mom? Well...she's the principal of my school. I guess most people would think that's horrendous. But its cool. She's bored of telling me off, she just lets me off the hook most of the time nowadays.

"Its cool until he brings girls back" Amelia chuckled.

"Well, my brother has a girlfriend that i've still to meet" I chuckled as I started driving.

"A girlfriend? You've still not met her?"

"Nope"

"He's probably scared to incase you take her from him" she smirked. What?

"I could never do that to my brother. It'd most likely put me off the girl...knowing shes been with my brother" I said, cringing at the thought. Besides, all of his girlfriends in the past have either been incredibly rude or just straight up bitches. When will he ever learn?

----

I crept into the house. It's just after 1am...if my mom hears me, she'll kill me.

All of the lights were off anyway. She must be in bed. Ha, obviously she is, she's got work in the morning, just like I have school. Fuck.

"Is that you y/n?" I heard from the top of the stairs. I closed my eyes, letting out a quiet sigh.

"Shit" I whispered to myself. "Hm yep"

I then heard her feet patting down the stairs. Oh shit I'm in trouble. I can tell by the look on her face.

Before she said anything, I shrugged my shoulders and sat on one of the stools. "Look, I know its late...but I had to pick Amelia up from this party and it-"

"Party? On a school night? For goodness sake y/n you shoul-"

"No! No, I wasn't at the party, Amelia called for me to pick her up. I swear to you, I don't drink during the week" I informed her. She raised her brows.

"You shouldn't be drinking at all. You're still at school" she crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes.

"Im also eighteen"

"So what? You wanna go to college, right?" She asked. Oh here we go again.

"Not particularly"

She raised her brows, gasping. "Oh of course you don't. You're gonna stay here all your life and work in that bar?"

I shrugged, agreeing slightly. I won't be working in that bar, but my own bar.

"My own bar, actually" I shrugged.

"You want to open up your own bar?" She asked.

I sighed impatiently. "How many times have I told you this? Yes, mom, my own bar. One that people can come eat in during the day and drink in at night. Something fun, something pretty cool"

She smirked slightly, shaking her head at me. "School tomorrow kid. You better get some sleep"

I nodded, smiling back at her. "Ok, sure thing. See you in like...5 hours"

She chuckled under her breath. "See you then"

----

"Why do I have to do all of this?" I asked my mom as she handed me tons of empty boxes.

"Just take them to Mr. Elderson's room, and he'll sort the rest" she breathed out.

I screwed up my face, looking at the boxes again. Hm...I haven't actually asked why Mr. Elderson needs all of these boxes.

"Why does he need all of these anyway?" I asked, making my way into school.

"I can't tell you that, he's your English teacher" she rolled her eyes.

"And you're my mom, you should be able to tell me" I shrugged.

She held the door open for me, then sighed quietly when we got inside.

"He's in a bad place right now. Very stressed and depressed. He's not well enough to be teaching at the moment, he said so himself" she explained. Wait...so this means no English teacher?! Dreams do come true.

"No english for the rest of the year" I laughed with joy.

"Ha, no english. You really think I'm gonna allow that? Your new teacher arrives on Monday" she chuckled. Monday?! That means today is our only day without a teacher! Dreams crushed.

"Can't you delay his arrival?" i smiled innocently, hoping my charm would work.

She gave me a stern look. "Her. And no, you don't take school seriously and that worries me, y/n"

Here she goes again. "Im gonna open my own bar, remember?"

"Its not as easy as you think to do something like that" she informed me.

"You need an education, you need to know how to manage and control your business in the industry" she said, unlocking the door to Mr. Elderson's classroom.

"Yeah, yeah...nothing Google can't tell me" I shrugged, placing the empty boxes on his desk.

I heard my mom sigh heavily. What? I don't understand why she can't let me leave school and open up my own bar right now. I have experience, im the best employee at the damn bar I work at right now, of course I have what it takes to open up my own one. She'll see.

"You better go to your registration class now before I ground you, y/n" she groaned. I smiled at her sweetly, raising my hands up.

"Ok, ok...i'll see you later" I chuckled quietly. Ground me? Ha! Never.