-50-

I tapped a pen against my mom's desk as she looked through my grades.

"So...are you passing english this year?" She asked, looking at me sternly. I shrugged.

"Probably not"

She let her shoulders drop. "Y/n"

"What?" I shrugged. "Theres nothing I can do about it now, the final is in a two weeks"

She raised her brows and looked back down. "At least you know the date of the final"

I smiled a little. "Im not that stupid"

She took her glasses off and crossed her arms. "Im getting you extra lessons"

"What? Why!"

"Why? Because you're failing"

I rolled my eyes, facing her again. "Look, mom, i'll try to pass. Ok?"

"You will pass, with extra lessons"

I sighed. Extra lessons? I don't wanna be sitting in school hours after the end of the day. I do have a life. And a job.

"Im working a lot you know" I made up an excuse.

"Ok well change your shifts" my mom smiled. Theres no way out of this.

"I'll speak to Miss Cabello when she's back" she the went on to say. Oh no. Extra lessons with Camila just won't allow me to pass. Bad move. And back? Lunch isn't for another twenty minutes, why is she away already?

"Oh yeah, who is the new guy?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"Mr Chambers, Miss Cabello's substitute teacher for now"

What?!

"Substitute teacher?" I asked. Ah thats what she meant by back. What the hell? "Is she ok?"

She mumbled. "A bit under the weather, but hopefully she'll be back next week"

The things i'd do to be able to race over to Camila's place with some hot soup and comfort food for her, and cuddle her while she naps, is unbelievable. I can't. For her sake. For her own good.

"Hm thats a shame" I spoke. "Mr Chambers though? Where did you find him? Girls are swooning for him. Complete distraction" I rolled my eyes. Im maybe a little jealous that everyone's attention is on him and not me.

"He trained with Miss Cabello at college, she recommended him"

Of course she did. Good looking guy like that? How did she end up with Eden?

I mumbled in response.

"When do I start these extra lessons?" I groaned.

"Hmm eager? I'll speak to Mr Chambers about how he is feeling about doing some overtime"

Ah, Mr Chambers. Lovely.

The rest of the day was the same, and now I find myself walking down the English corridor. I opened the door and entered Camila's class. Seeing a man in here was so weird.

"Ah, y/n, right?" Mr Chambers smiled. I nodded.

"Yeah" I mumbled and sat down. He threw me a toothy grin.

"I've heard about you. A bit of a handful, although I was informed that you probably wouldn't show up to class. It was a bit of a surprise to hear you wanted extra classes" he said, sitting on the edge of his..Camila's desk.

I nodded. "Seems like i've got a secret admirer who likes to talk about me"

He chuckled. "If you refer Miss Cabello as your secret admirer, then yeah"