-40-

Camila smiled as she opened her eyes again. The sound of the river streaming is so nice, so gentle.

Both of us lay on the grass, looking up at the stars. I've never seen the sky so clear.

"Sleepy?" I asked her. She nodded.

"But I don't wanna leave. Its beautiful here, by the river" she spoke quietly. I reached over and slipped my fingers in between hers. She squeezed my hand gently, placing her head on my shoulder.

"Don't you just wish it was like this all the time?" I asked.

"Like what?"

"Like...private? Just us, theres nobody here that knows us, we can be who we are without anyone getting in the way" I explained. She hummed.

"I wish it was like this all the time" she whispered.

"We should run away together" I smirked. She chuckled. "Oh yeah, that's very realistic"

"Whats stopping us?" I asked, no longer joking about it. She didn't respond to that. I rolled over onto my front and locked eyes with her.

"Its your job, right?" I asked.

"I don't wanna lose my job, y/n. I've worked so hard to get where I am and-"

"I get it" I smiled sadly. "Some things are more important than others" I sat up, looking up at the sky.

She sat up too, shaking her head. "No y/n thats not what I meant, please don't assume things"

Its exactly what she meant, without even realising it.

I just nodded my head, wondering if her job really is more important than our relationship. I mean, would she end it to save her job?

"Whats going on with you?" She asked me softly. "Talk to me"

I let out a shaky breath and shrugged my shoulders.

"I just don't want my heart broken" I whispered.

Camila's eyes softened as she parted her lips.

"Do you think I'm going to break your heart?"

"...again, kinda"

She shuffled closer to me and held my hands in hers, kissing them again and again.

"Trust me, I'm never going to break your heart again. I hate myself for doing it once already. You are a huge part of my life now, theres no way thats changing" she spoke, stroking my hands with her thumbs.

"Promise you'll never choose your job over me"

She clenched her jaw. Nodding her head. "I pro-"

"Just remember that promise is a big word. I take it seriously, you know that" i cut her off.

She leaned forward and kissed my lips ever so lightly.

"I promise. You come first, I love you"

----

I woke up first this morning, Camila was fast asleep, head on my chest. I need to pee, really need to pee, and its not likely I'm going to get up to go without waking Camila. I don't wanna wake her though...she's too precious.

I carefully moved to the side, slowly pulling my arm away from underneath her. She groaned a little as a sweet little frown appeared on her face. Shit.

I sat up and got off the bed, watching to make sure I didn't wake her.

"No where are you going?" She groaned into the pillow, the frown still present.