-51-

He's not you. The words got harder and harder to hear in my head the more they repeated themselves.

Why did she have to turn up at the bar the other night? I wish she didn't. She keeps coming back for me and I wish she wouldn't. It just makes me want her even more.

"Y/n! Can you help with this gala stuff?" My mom called from downstairs. Gala stuff. The stupid end of the school year gala.

"Can't you do this tomorrow? I need sleep" I groaned, running down the stairs.

"The gala is on Friday, y/n. Officially your last day of school" she pouted. Yeah yeah, thank god.

"So? Its Monday today and its 6am" I shrugged.

"It takes longer than you think to organise this"  she smiled. "Besides, you can get to school earlier today"

I rolled my eyes and carried a box out to the car, then spent the rest of my morning getting ready for school.

The car ride was silent, again, I haven't had much sleep. The reasons why are pretty obvious so we won't go over that again.

"Okay these are for...science and english" mom spoke, patting the two boxes. "You take english"

I rolled my eyes. "Why english?"

"Why not?"

"Im bored of it" I shrugged.

"Oh come on. Drop it into the staff base, there won't be many teachers in anyway"

I did as she said, I carried the box down the english corridor and lightly kicked the door to the staff room open.

I heard someone clear their throat. "You're in early"

I looked up to see Camila. My lips parted slightly.

"Yeah I could say the same to you" I smiled a little, placing the box on the table.

She stayed silent, but I can see the cogs in her head spinning.

"This is...slightly embarrassing, but can I ask you a question?" She asked. I nodded.

"Sure. Go ahead"

She looked me in the eye. "Did I...turn up to Jinx on Saturday night or did I dream that whole thing?"

A smile grew on my face before we both burst into laughter.

"Yeah, you did turn up to Jinx. That wasn't a dream" I chuckled.

"God, how embarrassing" she mumbled, now blushing.

"Don't worry, you didn't stay long" I informed her.

She nodded, looking down to the ground with pursed lips. "Yes, i know. I remember"

"Ah, y/n, are you taking morning lessons too?" A male voice spoke behind me. Mr Chambers.

I looked up at him. "No. I was just...dropping something off"

My eyes diverted to Camila. She looked as if she couldn't cope with the current situation. It was kinda awkward.

"Anyways, uh I'm gonna go" I smiled, then left the quiet room.

"Wait, y/n" Camila called down the empty corridor, closing the staffroom door behind her. I spun around and raised my brows.

"I uh...You know I remember that night a little more than I thought I did and I'm sorry for being like that. I remember saying things about your english an-"

"Its ok" I cut her off, backing away with a playful smile tugging on my lips. "I'll prove you wrong, Miss Cabello"

She smiled sadly. "Yeah...I hope so"