-47-

Camila's POV

I can't believe it. Lacey wouldn't make that up, she's too innocent and...she just wouldn't.

But y/n wouldn't do that. She's not like that, she's so gentle and...and patient, she wouldn't force anyone to do something they don't want to do.

Why does she always get into such trouble?

My phone vibrated against my thigh, I looked down to notice it was y/n calling me. Again. It's 1AM and a school night, why isn't she sleeping?

"Hello?" I answered.

"I'm outside so please, please let me in" she spoke.

"Outside? Why? Y/n you can't just turn u-"

"Please, Camila" she breathed out. My heart broke, there was so much stress coming from the words she spoke.

"Ok...i'll see you in a minute" I whispered, then hung up as I made my way to the door. I opened the door and there she was, standing in front my me with tear stained cheeks and dark eyes. She needs to sleep.

"Camila...please help me" she choked out as she began to cry. I parted my lips to speak but I wasn't so sure on what I should say.

"Come in" I said calmly, moving aside to let her  inside. She sniffled as she walked in.

I turned to her as soon as I closed the door, it only took a few seconds of eye contact to make her tears fall even harder.

"Why do you believe her over me?" She said quietly as she cried. "That hurts more than anything"

I breathed out as I felt my heart break. She couldn't do anything like that to anybody...what was I thinking?

"I didn't say I believed her I just-"

"Are you on my side? Or hers?" She asked.

I stepped closer to her and took her hands.

"Yours. Always yours. But you have to tell me whats going on"

She gripped onto my hands a little tighter, looking down to the ground.

"You're never gonna believe me, its just gonna make me look stupid and-"

"Tell me everything, y/n" i cut her off. She nodded after a few seconds of silence.

"You know I did try to explain this to you earlier, in your classroom, right?" She scoffed. I clenched my jaw, remembering that. I shouldn't have thrown her out of my class.

"I know, I'm sorry, but I'm listening now and thats what matters" I said to her, pulling her over to the sofa. She sat down and shook her head.

"If she finds out that im here, you and I are in so much trouble" she informed me.

"Ok...tell me how"

"She is literally in love with me, so in love with me, she wants me to forget about you so im all hers. Im not allowed any contact with you, I have to do everything she says, kissing, hugging, treat her like a girlfriend, tell her I love her when I don't! Its horrible, theres no escape from it Camila" she explained. I shook my head, confused at this whole situation. How did this even happen? How does Lacey know about us?

"Why can't you just avoid her?" I asked.

"Because she threatens to tell everyone about us" she breathed out.

"She has no proof"

"I've already told you Camila! She has pictures of us, pictures of you, completely naked! She's gonna put them everywhere, the internet, around the school. Everywhere" she raised her voice. She breathed out and pulled her hands out of mine. My heart began to beat faster.

"so you're pretending to be her girlfriend just so pictures of me aren't spread around town?" I asked.

"Well do you want naked pictures of you spread around town?" She asked, narrowing her eyes as she stood up harshly.

"Sit down and talk to me y/n! Im not having this immature childlike behaviour going on!" I raised my voice. She clenched her jaw.

"Im sick of people demanding that I do things" she scoffed.

"Demanding? I literally told you to sit down" I shrugged, not seeing the big deal.

"Im just so sick of it!" She yelled. She began to walk away but I stopped her, grabbing her wrist. She pushed me away harshly as she gasped.

"Don't grab me like that!" She almost whispered. I narrowed my eyes.

"I...I didn't mean to hurt you if thats what I did...y/n please tell me what else is going on with you because I know you've not told me everyth-"

"She forced herself on me, she has threatened me and verbally abused me before making me have sex with her when i've said no...more than once" she cut me off.

"What?" I asked straight away. Wait...Lacey...it wasn't y/n at all?

"Im...confused. Why would she say you did that to her, when it was her all along?" I asked.

"Remember when you called and I said you couldn't just call me whenever?" She asked. I nodded, remembering it very clearly.

"She heard me talking to you. Her disgusting plan was to get you to hate me so you wouldn't contact me" she explained. It all makes so much sense. My heart is breaking for y/n.

I pulled her into a strong hug, holding her tight. I needed this, she needed this.

"I just wanna save you from her, save you from losing your job, I just don't want you to get hurt" she whispered as she wrapped her arms around me.

"You shouldn't have to put yourself in danger to save me from shit like this" I whispered.

"But I love you" she mumbled into my neck. What did I do to deserve her?

"I love you, y/n. She won't get away with this" I said to her, meaning every word. She won't get away with it.

She pulled away gently and smiled at me. "Im gonna head home, ok?"

I shook my head. "Stay"

"Stay?"

I nodded. "Please"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I...dunno Camila what if Lacey-"

"Forget about her, clear your mind. I want you to have a good sleep, give your morning classes a miss so you have at least 8 hours of sleep, ok?" I said to her. She smiled and held the back of my neck, looking into my eyes that way. The way that gets my heart racing.

"You've still got a drawer of your things here" I whispered. She nodded.

"I know" she whispered, pulling me closer. Her lip brushed over mine, sending chills through my body.

"Can I kiss you?" She asked, placing her other hand on my hip. I nodded without even thinking it through. I need this.

She closed the space between us, softly moving her lips in sync with mine. She deserves the world and its about time I showed her that instead of being a stuck up teacher all the time.

"I promise, i'll fix this" I whispered before kissing her once more. "Everything is going to be ok, nobody is gonna hurt you ever again"

She buried her head into my neck. "I need you"

"I know, I'm here baby"

"Baby" she whispered, then let out a light chuckle. "Did you mean that?"

I blushed a little. "No, actually I didn't...it just kinda..slipped out" I laughed. "But I don't regret it"

She kissed the corner of my mouth. "I don't mind it. I like it"

I let out a silent laugh before pulling away from her.

"Get ready for bed"

She nodded. "Is it crossing the line to ask for snugs in bed?"

That cheeky smile of hers never fails to make me happy.

"I'll be waiting for you" I whispered before I walked off to the bedroom. Little does she know, I'm dancing inside to be able to hold her while she sleeps tonight.