Chapter 3: Not Mine

"Sometimes the best memories are sad because you know that they'll never happen again."
- Konoha, Kagerou Project

The three girls hurried back to the guild and slipped unnoticed through the massive doors. Though the sun had given way to the moon, the guild was still partying. Lucy, Levy, and Mira were about to approach their little table in the conrner of the guild when they saw something that cut the some -- some, not all -- of the last strings holding their shattered hearts together. Yes, they had steeled their resolve and were determined to give up the ones they love, but still, seeing the one you hold closest to you heart with another can break even the strongest heart.

The blonde haired girl stared at the one she held close to her heart. "She was giggling, a light blush on her cheeks, at his futile attempts at flirting with her. Another girl -- Lisanna to be accurate -- was lovingly staring down at him in a way that should've only been done by me.
Natsu..... I gave you my heart and you broke it...."

Her thoughts were mirrored by those of her blue-haired and silver-haired friends.

"They were entangled together, with him caressing another girl's -- Laki's to be correct -- hair in a gentle way. She was snuggled up against him when I should've been me.
Gajeel.... I gave you my heart and you broke it...."

"He was kissing another girl -- Cana to be precise -- passionately. In his arms where I was supposed to be, she was there. In my place.
Laxus..... I gave you my heart and you broke it...."

The girls clenched their fists, remembering what they had resolved to do. Levy sullenly turned to her heartbroken friends, stating the following.

"I-I-I k-know that we resolved to g-g-give t-them up and l-let t-t-them go, but I still can't help feeling the p-pain and j-jealousy." Lucy and Mira nodded in agreement. Mira didn't speak, for she knew that if she opened her mouth, sobs would be the only thing that came out. Lucy wasn't much better, but she gritted her teeth and shakily said what they all wanted to say.

"I was about to tell him that I'm jealous, I then I suddenly remember...

He's not mine...."