Chapter 28: the GMG's

"And there. Eternal Destiny is now officially signed up for the 12th Quadrennial Grand Magic Games." The council declared, before one member spoke up.

"I sincerely apologize for the intrusion," he paused, looking around for confirmation. When no one looked like they were extremely pissed off, he continued. "Why have you all requested to wear cloaks?"

Mavis cleared her throat and started explaining in the most formal tone that she could muster. "Eternal Destiny has requested to wear cloaks for they can help contain our magical energy. If not suppressed, it would overwhelm the spectators and possibly the other competitors, thus resulting in possibly an unsuccessful Grand Magic Games."

The council nodded, pleased, and then one waved his hand.

"You are dismissed."

--

"Whew!" Lucy exhaled, tightening her cloak around her as they stepped into a bar. "That was kinda depressing."

"Shh!" Levy whispered as she pulled them into the shadows. "Don't be too loud, Aurora!"

It had been three years. Six months ago, they had returned to Fiore -- since they had been training outside -- as 'the Eternalis'. They had weaved around Fiore doing hero things -- putting criminals behind bars, stopping evil guilds, finding magic items for the council -- and set themselves as 'the Eternalis'. No one knew who they were, except for their defining cloaks.

Mavis/Master V

Mavis/Master V. had their guild mark in a soft pink color, outlined with gold and silver on her black hooded cloak, with a gold clasp. As the Master of the guild, Mavis wore a moonstone headdress that fit nicely with her wings, a moonstone necklace, and a moonstone bracelet.

Lucy/Aurora had their guild mark in gold on her black hooded cloak, with a gold clasp. It had been an unanimous decision when she was named the leader of their guild, after Mavis, so she wore a moonstone headdress and the moonstone necklace she had gotten three years ago.

Levy/Celisa had their guild mark in blue on her black hooded cloak, with a silver clasp. Levy, along with the rest of the guild, wore just a moonstone necklace.

Mira/Josa had their guild mark in silver on her black hooded cloak, with a silver clasp. She also had a moonstone necklace.

Kagura/Morgiana had their guild mark in dark purple on her black hooded cloak, with a silver clasp. She also had a moonstone necklace.

Yukino/Steia had their guild mark in white on her black hooded cloak, with a silver clasp.She also had a moonstone necklace.

The six -- and the rest of the people in the restaurant -- all turned as the lacrima TV switched to the news and a reporter, who was at a crime scene, talking about the Eternalis.

"Known as 'the Eternalis', five unidentified cloaked figures have been appearing around Fiore recently, stopping crime and putting wrongdoers behind bars. Always wearing cloaks and disappearing as soon as the criminals are handed over to authorities, 'the Eternalis' can only be identified by the mark on their cloaks; something that we assume is their guild mark, that is, if they are a guild. Each of the five 'Eternalis' has a different colored mark; gold, blue, silver, dark purple, and white. Though having new saviours for our kingdom is always a good thing, these new appearances are going to have to compete with the strongest, 'the Fateium'.

Her image then switched to the anchors, and one of them continued.

"Yeah, I agree. As the strongest and most popular guild, Winged Fate has been given the nickname 'the Fateium' by their fans. Natsu Dragneel, Gajeel Redfox, Laxus Dreyar, Sting Eucliffe, and Rogue Cheney make up it's ranks. Stopping crime all around Fiore since three years ago, they've been the only prominent and undefeated heroes that Fiore has had until recently. Some competition has been appearing, in the form of the unidentified group known only as 'the Eternalis'. While quite excited to have some worthy competition, 'the Fateium' doesn't seem to like 'the Eternalis' stealing the spotlight. At the quickly upcoming Grand Magic Games,

Who will come out on top?"