Chapter 24: Forget

"Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart."

- William C. Hannan

"I'm not going to make you forget, but I'm going to help you remember. Don't push away the memories, embrace them. Don't dwell on the past if you want to change the future. Living in the past will only limit your ability to live in the present now, and later on, in the future. In order to become stronger, you must be and to face our own past. On the battlefield, you won't be able to face your enemies if your past too is your enemy. Take it and make it your fuel. Turn it into a part of you. Don't isolate it and try to separate it. The only thing that's going to come out of living in the past is you're going to place the people and things around you into the people and things from your past." The platinum-haired woman whispered softly as five girls floated on the ground in front of her, hoping to do a 'Cleansing' ceremony.

Well, not really. They were just struggling with the past, and Mavis was going to help them get over it. They had thought that going to the funeral might have made it better -- and it did -- but some worries left there were only replaced with more.

Hatred and sadness seared through Lucy's mind. 'Forget,' she willed herself, determined.

Similar thoughts were running through the heads of all fives sisters -- Mavis, Lucy, Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino.

'He hates you, you hate him, and the only road to revenge requires a heart of stone.'

'I'm not going to be weak anymore.'

'This is the first step to our revenge.'

'When we return, we'll show them.'

'The Eternalis aren't to be messed with.'