Chapter 42: Danger

Recap: "And the 12th Annual Grand Magic Games' Tournament of Champions has officially started!!!"

The day went by without many complications. Within the first hour, Eternal Destiny had wiped out two guilds — Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale — while Winged Fate had demolished another two — Quatro Cerberus and Blue Pegasus. Now, all that remained were the two aforementioned, Sabertooth, and Fairy Tail.

Surprisingly, the — formerly — boisterous dragon slayers caused not the slightest bit of destruction. Obviously, the girls didn't either. Contrary to what he had shown at the opening ceremony earlier, Natsu Dragneel carried an air of grief with him throughout. Actually, the entirety of Winged Fate emanated sadness. But no one noticed... except for Eternal Destiny.

Y'know, it's like, a mate thing...?

"And out goes Lamia Scale-pabo! This now leaves only Eternal Destiny, Winged Fate, Sabertooth, and Fairy Tail-pabo!"

"Aye! Eternal Destiny and Winged Fate are neck in neck with 9 points each, Sabertooth is in third with -6 points for destruction, and Fairy Tail is in fourth with -15 points for destruction!"

"So, 148 points total for Eternal Destiny, 147 points total for Winged Fate, 83 total for Sabertooth, 79 total for Fairy Tail, 62 total for Lamia Scale, 60 total for Mermaid Heel, 54 total for Blue Pegasus, and 33 total for Quatro Cerberus-pabo!"

"Damn. They're one point ahead."

"Chill, blondie. We'll win."

"Just who the hell are Eternal Destiny?!"

"It's okay, Gray-sama. We can fight without knowing who they are."

"That's the spirit, Juvia-chan! We must protect our title as number one guild!"

"Do not become narcissist, for our foes are very strong."

"Ugh. Listen to that little white-haired b**** acting all arrogant. They haven't been the no. 1 guild in like, what, three years?"

"And yet she dares act so conceited... yeah Erza, put her in her place!"

"Hey..."

"Why is she even on the team?! Has Fairy Tail really become that weak?"

"Ladies!"

"Yeah, Aurora?"

"Calm down. We cannot let our emotions get the best of us. Revenge is a dish best served cold, no? Who Fairy Tail decides to out on their team is up to them. If they put a weak person on, their loss. ...And Josa, I know we all hold endless hatred for that woman, but you still need to remember; she is your sister, after all. Holding grudges isn't healthy."

"I don't consider her my sister anymore; now, you guys are my family, along with Master-nee-chan!"

"Aww, same here!"

"Ditto!"

"I agree. Now, lets get to work finishing this with a flourish, 'kay?"

Just as Aurora finished her sentence, a loud sound wave rang through Crocus. It was quickly followed by a large quake that violently shook the city for a short period. Though short, some buildings succumbed to the power of the quake and then collapsed, leaving some people trapped. Luckily, most of the citizens were gathered in the arena, which had not been majorly affected.