2K: Special Oneshot

Yay! We're at 2K reads, thanks to you all! Here's a special NaLu oneshot!

--

As a cool breeze carried the soft scent of moist grass through the air, a pale hand reached for the sky.

"Hey, Natsu, isn't this nice?" The celestial mage asked, her eyes fluttering closed.

"Yeah, it is." The pink-haired dragon slayer lying beside her replied, gazing up at the night sky.

It was filled with stars, and though beautiful, he knew that the stars were raging balls of inferno, just waiting to wreak havoc.

No matter what outer beauty someone has, if inner beauty isn't something they possess, all would be in vain.

As he turned towards Lucy, glistening tears that he hadn't noticed were slipping down her pale cheeks.

"W-What's wrong, L-Lucy?"

Before he was able to comprehend the moment, the blonde mage had met his lips with hers.

Not a moment later, she started fading, turning into golden sparkles that fluttered towards the heavens.

"N-N-No! D-Don't go! L-Lucy, d-don't go..." He trailed off, realizing it was futile.

It was over. It was all over. Lucy was gone. Their time together had vanished. A future that they had both hoped for was destroyed.

But despite all that, Natsu could help the sad smile that crept onto his face. For Lucy's last words had been...

"I love you."

--

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY! I WAS JUST FEELING LIKE IT AND WROTE A ONESHOT. Yay. Ok, bye.