Chapter 11: Ideas

"This was the end of their beginning, and the start of something new."

- Anonymous 

Recap: The idea was greeted by a round of nods, and they headed towards the hotel across the street.

"-and here is you room key an breakfast coupons. Enjoy your stay!" The receptionist cheerfully handed Lucy a white envelope containing a silver card and five 'Regular Breakfast' coupons. The blonde then turned around and waved to her friends, gesturing them towards the lacrima elevator.

"What's the room number, Lu-chan?" Yukino immediately asked the moment they stepped int the elevator.

"Let me see..." the aforementioned girl opened the envelope. "We're in room 208."

As Yukino reached out to press the button for the second floor, Kagura stepped in between her and the button. "I win!"

"Hey, no fair! You were closer!"

"Was not!"

"Was to!"

"Was not!"

In the midst of their bickering, the pay hadn't realized that Levy had already pressed the button and they were going up.

"Kagu-chan, Yuki-chan, we're here!" Mira called over the sounds of bickering.

An extremely awkward silence then ensued. Following that, Lucy, Levy and Mira broke out laughing at the expressions on Kagura and Yukino's faces.

"*laughs* Kagu-chan, *laughs* Yuki-chan, your expressions are *laughs laughs* priceless!" Levy said, laughing.

The faces of the aforementioned girls turned the color of bright red tomatoes at this statement; something which just made the blonde, bluenette and silvernette laugh even more.

"H-Hey, d-d-don't laugh so m-much..." Kagura stuttered out, highly embarrassed.

After a while of more laughing and stuttered complaints from Kagura and Yukino, the laughter finally ceased. And that was when the five girls realized that they were still in the elevator, and probably were blocking it for all the other people who wanted to use it. And so, they all quickly rushed off and into their room.

Once inside, the girls first made sure the door was locked, then each put a soundproof spell so no one could hear what they were saying from outside -- so practically a five-layer sound seal -- and set out to work.

After putting away their luggage, they played rock-paper-scissors to decide the sleeping arrangements.

"So, me and Yuki-chan on one bed, Mira-chan and Kagu-chan on the other, and Lu-chan on the sofa-bed. Sounds good?" Levy listed out the results, asking for final consent.

"I'm good."

"Okay."

"Yep!"

"No problem!"

Lucy sat on the sofa bed and looked everyone in the eye. "We need a plan. To survive, to hide, to become better."

Her words weighed heavily on the shoulders of the girls, and the playful atmosphere immediately dissipated.

"Well, we could join a guild, but since we're supposed to be 'dead', that would be kinda risky."

"We could go to another country to train?"

"What about finding and learning Lost Spells like Fake Reality?"

"Why don't you make your own guild, girls?"

The last answer caught them by surprise. It hadn't come from any of them, so who had said it? The voice was awfully familiar. Looking around, they spotted a glowing sphere starting to take on a humanoid form. Once completely formed, it was...

"FIRST MASTER MAVIS?!?"