Chapter 12: The Plan

"Try to be the rainbow in somebody's cloud."

- Anonymous     

Recap: The last answer caught them by surprise. It hadn't come from any of them, so who had said it? The voice was awfully familiar. Looking around, they spotted a glowing sphere starting to take on a humanoid form. Once completely formed, it was...

"FIRST MASTER MAVIS?!?"

"Master Mavis? I mean no offence, but... what are you doing here?" Lucy asked, brimming with curiosity at the First Master's unannounced interruption.

"Yeah, and how did you get past our five layer spell?" Yukino asked, and immediately felt dumb -- of course, she's the first master, of course she can get past some simple spell -- so she added, "Actually, nevermind."

Mavis chuckled. The spirit these girls had, was still as bright as ever, despite what they had been through. It never failed to surprise her. Though she was impressed, that was no what she was here for. "As you may have guessed, I'm not here to chat with you over a cup of tea. But, that would be a good idea to try out in the future." They all broke out in giggles. When they had all finally calmed down, the fairy with pale blonde hair continued, her expression darkening. "I know what you've been through," the temperature on the room seemed to drop a degree. "But I'm not going to patronize you and say 'I'm sorry for your loss'." Some of the tension dissipated as relief flooded the features of the five girls. Seeing this, Mavis relaxed as a smile too, slid onto her pale face. "I'm here to help you move on, to help make your dreams a reality." And with that, she finished off, letting the offer hang in the air.

"Hold on, how can we all see you? Aren't only Fairy Tail members supposed to be able to see you?" Levy stopped, catching her breath before continuing. "Lu-chan, Mira-chan, and I left the guild, and Kagu-chan and Yuki-chan weren't ever apart of it in the first place..."

The first master laughed, then launched into a description of how she had a body now and all that jazz.

Silence engulfed the room once again after Levy's curiosity was satisfied.

After a while of pondering, the girls suddenly realized that they hadn't yet asked the First Master what exactly she mean by helping them move on and helping them make their dreams a reality? Mira then voiced their thoughts.

"First Master Mavis, what do you mean? Could you please describe 'helping us move on and helping us make our dreams a reality?"

The girl -- lady? -- in question sighed and then proceeded to the silver-haired beauty's question.

"One, don't call me First Master Mavis. It makes me feel old. You five can call me Mavis or Mavis-née if you want. Just not First Master Mavis Elianna Vermillion the Second of Fairy Tail, Mother of Light, Heiress of the Vermillion Clan, Yin of Peace." Surprised and honor colored the cheeks of the girls in the form of light red tints. Then, as the weight of Mavis's full title sank in, they all burst out laughing.

"M-Mavis-nee... *laughs* your... *laughs*" Levy choked out a few words but then stopped. Kagrua then continued for her.

"Mavis-née, what Levy-chan meant to say is *giggles* your title is very... for a lack of better wording, elaborate." At this, everyone once again broke out in a fit of laughter.

When it had finally died down, Mavis's expression turned serious and she started explaining. "What I mean was, I am going to help you recuperate and realize your own identity. Not just as 'a member of Fairy Tail' -- er, previous member -- but as say, 'Lucy Heartfilia, the Star Goddess' or something. You get it?" When nods were sent her way, she continued. "Since you have no where to go, why don't you start a guild? It can be your own guild, and-" the First Master of Fairy à Tail was interrupted by an excited outburst of ideas.

"And we can participate in the GMG's!"

"Yeah! And train on our own!"

"And we can do jobs and earn jewels!"

"Plus, we can also look for the rest of the lost spells!"

Mavis sighed and shook her head, smiling.

This was going to be a long night.