Chapter 35: Her Death

"Rora! Over here!" Celisa waved to a fuming Aurora as the latter walked through the doors of the arena. As she had walked here, her anger hadn't diminished, and now was as prominent as ever.

"Hey, what's wrong?" A worried Josa asked, voicing the thoughts all of them were thinking. She -- and the rest of her sisters -- had an inkling of what made the usually calm, laid-back, icy, stone/diamond-hearted Aurora Emerita so infuriated.

A pale, perfectly manicured, golden-nailed hand pointed in the direction of another guild, one that they all hated, oh so much.

Winged Fate, aka the Fateium.

Deathly scowls were sent in the same direction Aurora had pointed to, and not long after, the boys returned the message by flipping the bird at the girls. Unfazed, the recipients of the middle finger returned the action with zero enthusiasm and deadpan expressions, before turning away with a swish of their cloaks. Scoffing, the boys followed suit and that's officially when the rivalry between the two guilds began.

More like they upgraded to archenemy status.

And yes, between the two guilds, because an intense rivalry was already going on between the Eternalis and the Fateium.

Right after the two guilds reached their respective balconies, the pumpkin started talking. Perfect timing, Mato!

"Welcome to the Night Games of the 12th Quadrennial Grand Magic Games-pabo! This is the first time that we are doing this, but I hope you're all excited-pabo!"

A wave of applause followed. Without looking around like the others were, Aurora -- and her sisters and all of the Fateium -- could tell that thousands were piled in the stands, eager for the Night Games to start. Despite the time, many children were here along with their parents, and they knew more would be at home, watching from their lacrima tv's.

If one looked closer, they could see the glowing magic circles in the left eyes of the Eternalis, and the right eyes of the Fateium. Gold in Aurora's, red in Natsu's. Blue in Celisa's, grey in Gajeel's. Silver in Josa's, yellow in Laxus's. Dark purple in Morgiana's, dark red in Rogue's. White in Steia's, white in Stings's.

But no one did. Anyways...

"Each day -- night -- of the night games has one event concerning knowledge-pabo."

You could clearly hear the groans from the burly-muscle-for-brains people.

"You can gain quite a bit of points,"

Am even louder groan.

"And you are required to pick only one member for all the events, throughout the entirety of Night Games-pabo."

The arena burst into chaos. Some cheers, and some groans could be heard, before one quiet, yet powerful voice silenced them all.

"You plan to keep us up all night, and have us battling immediately the next morning? I know my guild can handle that perfectly fine, but can all the other guilds?"

Silence. That was all that could be heard as Aurora questioned Mato and co. Before they could give a reply, an audience member jeered at her.

"What can you do, girlie? Why are ya so stuck up?"

Other people joined in.

"Yeah, you probably just are in first place because of beginner's luck!"

"You suck!"

"The Fateium are so much better!"