Chapter 41: Miss Fiore

As the competitors disappeared from the area one by one, the action covered by the lacrima cameras situated throughout Crocus -- covering every nook and cranny possible -- showed on the huge lacrima screens floating in the arena.

Eternal Destiny and Winged Fate had disappeared right off the bat, but everyone felt the eerie feeling hanging in the air. For some it was more obvious than others, but it was present throughout.

Nothing was off if you merely looked at the bustling city cheering for their favorite guild, but the looming horror hung in the air.

Despite the tension that the eerie feeling brought, people chose to ignore it and the feeling was soon overwhelmed by roaring crowds. Unfortunately, though... that wasn't the best choice.

Ahem. As aforementioned, the two top guilds had disappeared right after the gong sounded, but that didn't curb the excitement at all. As they weren't shown on any of the lacrima screens, most people assumed that they had chosen to go invisible in order to plan. After all, no one knew the full extent of their powers.

"My, oh my-pabo! What do we have here-pabo?"

...And the pumpkin decided to provide a running commentary.

"Hmm... seems like Eternal Destiny and Winged Fate have disappeared! But where to?"

And Chapati followed not long after. His hair is... pink...? Yeah, it's pink today. Pink with silver stripes...

"Ooh, looks like Sabertooth is," Mato squinted at the screen which was displaying Sabertooth, which also happened to be the one furthest from him. "Waiting-pabo!"

"And Lamia Scale happens to be calmly eating at a cafe..."

"Heh; the members of Mermaid Heel are getting their nails done with... OH MY GLOB ARE THOSE CLAWS!?!" After screaming this eccentric variation of 'oh my god', the pumpkin proceeded to faint. But Chapati failed to catch him. But someone else did.

"Ehh? M-Mavis V-Vermillon?!?" Chapati stuttered, unable to believe his eyes. A huge blast of energy shook the city. Uhhh, totally not Zeref overreacting. The girl shook her head slightly, a quiet giggle escaping her pink-coated lips. "W-Wait... L-Lucy H-Heartfilia?!" Another even larger  blast — cough, Natsu, cough — had everyone scrambling to grab hold of something. Clearly, they couldn't be seen, but they definitely were listening. Once again, the girl shook her head, her blonde waves hiding her face.

"Jenny Realight. Couldn't recognize me?" The girl flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder. The blonde colour that was shared more similarities with Lucy's rater than Mavis's.

"Ahh, I'm sorry. I-"

"No, there's no need."

"-thought your hair was platinum blonde when the sun shine through it, then it looked golden to me... I'm so sorry."

"Yes-pabo. I too will apologize on behalf of Chapati-san-pabo. Sorry, Ms. Realight-pabo."

"Nah, it's okay." Miss Fiore daintily waved a purple-nailed hand. "We all make mistakes, don't we? Some of those mistakes are small and insignificant, but some of them can cost lives." She stared at the Fairy Tail balcony, then at empty Winged Fate balcony. "Right, Winged Fate? The dead won't ever come back. It's too late for re-"

---

"Natsu f****** Dragneel! Calm your s*** down!"

---

"A-Anyways, please welcome our guest for today, Miss Fiore, Jenny Realight!!"

Applause shook the stadium until it was silenced by Mato.

"Now, Miss Realight. Do you have any predictions for this year's Tournament of Champions?" Lowering his voice, the pumpkin added somewhat threatening. "And please, try to not say something that could possibly kill us, ne?"

With a barely concealed sigh, she picked up the microphone.

"Hmm... I'd say I'm rooting for the fabulous girls of Eternal Destiny." Flashes a kinda-fake dazzling smile that everyone has practically grown immune to. "But obviously, good luck to everyone else too!"

The two commentators nodded, satisfied with her answer. "Ok, back to the competitors-pabo!"

—Time Skip to 10–

"Ah, would you look at the time."

"Yes! It's 9:59:57-pabo!"

"3,

"2,"

"1,"

"GONG!!!!"

"And the 12th Annual Grand Magic Games' Tournament of Champions has officially started!!!"