Chapter 8: Memories

"No one is actually dead until the ripples that they caused in this world completely fade away."
- Anonymous

"Okay! I'm off! See you all in a while!" Lucy energetically cried out to her friends -- sisters -- as the train headed for Hargeon gave a hoot and set off to it's destination. A few other people gave her looks of confusion and anger, but she didn't care. The blonde-haired beauty just continued to wave at the retreating silhouettes of Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino.

Once they were completely out of sight, Lucy finally sat down in her seat and started to plan her "death". What should she leave? After giving it some thought and not receiving any useful response from her brain which was usually overflowing with ideas, she suddenly remembered what Kagura had said. A copy of one of her keys. But where would she be able to copy one of them?

A conversation that she had with the girls around a month ago suddenly sprang to mind. The conversation had seemed so pointless back then, but now, it was what could lead her down the path of hardening her heart.

Flashback

"Lu-chan! Lu-chan! I found a book on how to magically copy something!" An energetic Levy ran through Lucy's door and into her living room, where the aforementioned girl had been pondering what to write next for her book. Her head snapped up at the sound of her friend's voice.

"Huh! What do you mean? Illusions?" A confused Lucy tilted her head to the side in wonder.

"Lu-chan! Call Mira-chan, Kagu-chan, and Yuki-chan! I'll tell you when they're all here!" The small bluenette demanded, a look of excitement and wonder in her hazel eyes.

The blonde looked at her notebook, and then back at her friend, who was, by now, jumping up and down excitedly. Lucy couldn't help but feel slightly curious of just what could get the knowledgeable Levy-chan so excited. She sighed. The book would have to wait.

"Okay, okay, Levy-chan, I'll call them, in the meantime, why don't you help yourself to some cookies in the kitchen?" Lucy asked, pulling herself up from the soft couch and trudged over to her lacrima phone that was lying on the carpet beside a cup of unfinished coffee, and picked it up.

She opened her phone, okay to grimace at the lock screen background. It was a picture of Natsu and her, before he turned his hatred on her.