Chapter 35.5: Thank you, Eternalis

After Natsu teleported away, Aurora stopped time completely but released the Eternalis and the remaining Fateium.

"Whatcha do to Natsu, girlie?" Gajeel questioned, instantly in front of Aurora and squeezing her neck tightly. "I've practically never seen him cry like that; seen it 'bout once only."

Before the girl could reply, another slid up behind him, followed by three more who encircled him.

"She did what you did to Levy McGarden." Celisa hissed, and Gajeel froze, his grip on Aurora tightening. Despite so, the girl teleported away with ease.

"W-What 'bout S-Shrimp?"

"Broke her heart."

"Shattered her soul."

"Then scattered all the pieces."

Aurora appeared once again, striking the last blow.

"Do you understand now, Gajeel Redfox? The pain Levy McGarden felt?" She stopped, turning to the rest of the Fateium who seemed to be frozen in shock.

"The pain she felt?"

The elemental goddess turned back to the dragon slayer, her voice boiling with hatred.

"The one girl you used to call 'Shrimp'. The one girl you could depend on. The one girl that you loved. The one girl that was fated for you. The one girl that was your mate. The one girl you killed."

When Gajeel opened his mouth to retaliate, Aurora held up a pale, perfectly manicured, gold-nailed finger to silence him.

"Do not protest, Gajeel Redfox. Will you tell me that you didn't kill her? Will you tell me that your months of ignorance and hatred wasn't what caused her death? Will you tell me that it wasn't your fault?"

Without waiting for a reply, Aurora disappeared in a shower of gold.

After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, a cold sneer cut the tension.

"Heh. You want to know what Levy McGarden told me when she died?"

When quickened, rapid breathes became her answer, Celisa continued.

"What was it? Oh, I remember. She said,"

Everyone waited with baited breath.

"It's too late, but I guess I'm still stupidly holding Gajeel in my heart."

Gajeel's tanned face broke out into one of utter joy. Celisa managed a small, unnoticed smile, and then they all disappeared in sync.

But not before Celisa's ears caught wind of some words.

"Thank you, Eternalis."