*** Chapter 16: Eternal Destiny ***

"If it's raining, look for rainbows. If it's dark, look for stars."

Recap: A while later, the girls were ready with a plan. A very through one at that. Now, all they had to do was to put it it action.

Tomorrow was the start of Dragon Mating Season, and they had no time to waste.

Three hours, some white lies, a load of temporary magic, and a very, very, very nerve-wracking audience with the Magic Council later, Eternal Destiny was finally not just some words and scribbles on a piece of paper anymore. At last, they had their own guild; Eternal Destiny. It belonged to them, and only them.

Actually, let me inform you of what exactly is happening.

Lucy, Levy, Mira, Kagura, Yukino, and Mavis had applied to form a new guild, and they had gone to the Magic Council to get it approved. The guild was to be called Eternal Destiny, with Mavis as the master. Oh, and obviously, the girls -- other then Mavis -- didn't go as themselves. Earlier, they had already thought of aliases, fake identities, and all the crazy jazz that a person needed to continue living after they had 'died'.

Yeah, like a lot of people do that. Ehh, do they? Uhh... anyways...

'Aurora Emerita' aka Lucy, 'Celisa Emerita' aka Levy, 'Josa Emerita' aka Mira, 'Morgiana Emerita' aka Kagura, and 'Steia Emerita' aka Yukino had applied to form a guild along with their execeeds Yuci, Cevi, Viri, Sagi, Zuki -- belonging to Lucy, Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino respectively.

Did I forget to mention that they all found exceed eggs on the way to Clovertown? Oh well, if I did, then at least you know now.

Their disguises had been temporary, since with a severe lack of proper spells and resources, a permanent façade that actually met the aesthetic expectations of the girls wasn't possible.

See, I didn't say IMPOSSIBLE, cause even though the word means 'not possible', the spelling proactically screams "I'm possible". It's not like I'm not going to not use it or anything, but my conscious was nagging me this time so I decided to put this in. I'm weird, okay? Everything stems from EcCeNtRiCiTy!! Btw, these things aren't authors notes, just the narrators perspective. I decided that the story started off too depressingly, so it has to perk up before going downhill again, right? Umm, that's totally not what's going to happen..... back to the story...

Aurora and the rest of the Emerita's, as their last name suggested, were sisters. That was what Lucy, Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino considered themselves to be, anyway.

Yuci, Cevi, Viri, Sagi, and Zuki were also sisters, something that you could tell from the matching silver rings that circled the left wrist of all of them. And obviously, their verbal confirmation. Their names came from the first four letters of their human partner's name -- also known as their human counterpart's nickname, for Levy, Mira, Kagura, and Yukino; and just her name for Lucy -- with a different first letter and always ended in 'i', since according to Mavis, it "sounded so so so so so much like a cutie pie name!". And at that, 'leave it to Mavis-nee to sound like a toddler when naming five baby exceeds...' was the only thing that was running through the minds of everyone present.