Chapter 21: Threats from E.D.

"Love is like magic, but magic is just an illusion."

Running back into the guild, Natsu nearly crashed into Gajeel. Then he nearly punched Laxus. Then he nearly pushed over Sting. Then he nearly kicked Rogue. Then he nearly squashed Wendy.

The pink-haired dragon slayer sighed. Today was so not his day.

After collecting himself, Natsu gathered along with Gajeel, Laxus, Sting, and Rogue in Makarov's office. Something was bugging him, and Natsu did not like being bugged.

"Old man, why are the tigers here?"

"Dragon Mating Season. What else, are you stupid?"

In spite of the situation, the dragon slayers present -- other than Natsu -- all snickered. But it ceased when Master's expression turned solemn.

"So, what did you find?" The dreaded question was finally posed.

Barely containing his melancholy, rage, and a rainbow of depressing emotions that I can't be bothered to describe, Natsu took out Lucy's broken key and relayed the message -- threat -- from whoever 'E.D.' was. In turn, Gajeel took out a copy of Alice in Wonderland, Levy's favorite book, one that was in tatters. Laxus took out the bow -- ripped and torn -- that Mira always wore, somewhere on her body. Sting took out Yukino's blue rose hair accessory, which was missing many of its petals. Rogue took out Kagura's sword -- shattered completely. All the items were covered in blood.

They all stood in silence for a moment, until Makarov spoke up.

"So according to the messages that were left at each scene, this was all planned out and administered by a single entity, currently labeled as 'E.D.' Also, according to the threats they left, they somehow knew that we would eventually find the scene and wanted to let us know that we'll never see Lucy, Levy, Mira, Kagura, or Yukino again."

Reality stabbed Natsu through the heart like a knife, and by the looks of it, no one was doing much better. He broke down in tears, and could hear muffled sobbing and the drip-drop of tears on the wooden floor.

Just then, Erza knocked on the door and asked if they were alright. When she heard no response, another voice -- Jellal -- told her that the people inside probably needed some space. And they left, together

Despite the situation, Natsu's mind couldn't help he think that Erza and Jellal were probably going off to make out somewhere.

As Makarov's voice sent him -- and the other dragon slayers -- crashing back into reality, his words were no less than harsh.

"If I'm not mistaken, what E.D. said was...

You'll never see her again."